Zor'ka Preview is up

By littlewars, in Tannhauser

In the FFG news section there is a preview of Zor'ka from Novgorod.

It must be a trap set by FFG.

Sundance - you are very cynical in this festive season.

You never know maybe FFG will have a VERY late Christmas gift for us !??!

I've got £50 = $70 from Christmas waiting to be spent. We'll have to wait and see if FFG get it for Novgorod etc or maybe ToY will get it for their new figures due out in France in the 1st quarter next year.

Well.. you can buy Novgorod and the new miniature packs from the FFG website now.. I guess it's officially released then. happy.gif

Also it seems it's still only one new map and a repeat on the back in the English version as well. Unless someone can confirm otherwise.

Yep that's what it is -

Just don't go there with that train of thought about repeating of a map on the back - the hooha that stirred up doesn't need repeating. It's the same with the French release of Daedelus - thats got the Maze one side and a repeat of the Catacombs on the other. I got mine in the post from France yesterday and Field Ops should be arriving any day now - a couple of late Christmas presents to myself. I'm not waiting for FFG to release them - we'd have to wait till 2010 at the earliest for them to see the light of day in English.

As for it being released - I just checked the store page proper for Tannhauser - Novgorod et al is "Not Released Yet".

Were you looking at the products page in the Tannhauser pages - its been say "Buy Now" for weeks since the new site has beeen up and running.

I got all excited for a moment but I should have known better. A little clue from FFG would be nice as to when they will be available but since ther've been so many delays I bet they don't want to commit themselves anymore.

I fear Sundance may be right about it being a trap.

tomodachi6874 beat me to the punch ;-)

tomodachi6874 said:

Just don't go there with that train of thought about repeating of a map on the back - the hooha that stirred up doesn't need repeating...

Wait! It has a previously published map on the back?!? Let me tell you something ... demonio.gif

Nighthawk said:

Well.. you can buy Novgorod and the new miniature packs from the FFG website now.. I guess it's officially released then. happy.gif

It also says not yet released below it. llorando.gif

Will not believe it is out til it is in my hand, even then I will question if I am dreaming... babeo.gif

May I point out that you may use the catacombs and then the castle at the same time side by side and double your playing surface--i.e. events up stairs impact those down stairs--imagine a grenade going off upstairs and rubble down in the catacombs as a result. However, I agree that not releasing a new map is unwise!

How about this idea for the future:

4 Catacombs reflecting all the cardinal points, under the lab, castle, etc. in play at the same time and separate attack teams per Reich, Matriarchy, Union, etc. assuming TOY always prints the same dreaded repeat maps on one side with each expansion...

Eventually (years from now? decades perhaps?) there may be enough characters per side to have full combat teams per cardinal point. All going on at the same time! Like playing multiple games of chess at once...

7times7is49 said:

May I point out that you may use the catacombs and then the castle at the same time side by side and double your playing surface--i.e. events up stairs impact those down stairs--imagine a grenade going off upstairs and rubble down in the catacombs as a result. However, I agree that not releasing a new map is unwise!

Been there done that, I own 2 copies of the board game. gui%C3%B1o.gif And will own 2 copies of Novgorod (extra troops) plus it serves as extra maps fo when people come in and want to play test it.

Aha. Thanks for clearing that up. Though, it should be pretty imminent since they are finally releasing previews of the game.

Building up tension. psych.