Action and Movement

By Julia, in Mansions of Madness

A new preview of the game is available here . Reading the dynamic of Jenny's turn was pretty intriguing. This game seems to become better and better at each new preview

Still interested. Lots of juicy piles of "stuff" littered across the board for the Investigators to rummage through. Really like the idea of trying to start or continue some kind of treasure/scavenger hunt. It seems really appealing to be an Investigator.

But will the game be as compelling as the Keeper? And not in a bloodthirsty, cutthroat, death-to-my-friends way? I fear the game will be great only if the right type of personality plays the "properly attuned" role (biggest problem with Descent), but I haven't given up yet...

The Keeper gives me some questions also about how he will work as a player. preocupado.gif So it's wait for the Rules as the info so far doesn't really answer that for me.I keep thinking a co-op against the Game would be better but we'll see.

OD

At first, I was mostly excited to play as keeper, but now seeing how the clues work, I would love to play as an investigator. I'm totally down with anything that tests my rational thinking skills in this manner.

causeitwasfunny said:

At first, I was mostly excited to play as keeper, but now seeing how the clues work, I would love to play as an investigator. I'm totally down with anything that tests my rational thinking skills in this manner.

Did I miss something? How do the clues work?

Bleached Lizard said:

causeitwasfunny said:

Did I miss something? How do the clues work?

If you read the latest news you'll notice that they'll be going through the little piles of cards in certain rooms. It seems that these will mostly be an item, encounter, or whatever; but occasionally the keeper will read off a clue and hand it to the player. In one of the earlier news releases, they mentioned that the investigators will be obtaining clues and trying to piece together what the Keeper's ultimate goal is. I love this idea of not knowing at all what the Keeper knows and desperately trying to figure it out before they complete their goal.

However, it does mean that I won't be going through and reading the cards or scenarios ahead of time. I'm sure I'll be Keeper the first go around, but I'll probably want to be an investigator most of the time.

I won't reveal anything here gui%C3%B1o.gif but as much as I like solving puzzles, seeing Corey at work as the Keeper makes me *really* want to be a keeper. Investigators:Keeper::Humans:Revealed Cylons in BSG, to oversimplify it.