Favorite expansion?

By Petru5, in The Lord of the Rings: The Board Game

Ace Kaussner said:

My favorite expansion is Sauron (allthough i don't have battlefields), because in most games with F&F expansion the only thing added to the game was length. (2 more scenarios) In our group we find it more fun to have a one against all rather than a all against board feeling. When i play it with my brother in law we always include F&F. For me, i like the game anyhow, so my choice is to include both. (if you have enough players)

enjoy gran_risa.gif

You know you can (and really should) skip scenarios when using F&F gran_risa.gif ? I like F&F primarily because no more is drawing an Activity tile first all good and no bad.

I *really* liked Friends and Foes, and we never play unless we use those extra boards. The boards are great, Amon Hen and Isengard. Extra cards are useful, and even fighting the Foes is interesting. It is true that sometimes players start focusing on defeating the Foes than playing through the game, but eh, it's still fun :)

Sauron is an interesting expansion, and my brother refuses to play unless Sauron is in the game. I think it detracts from the game, giving different focuses to a relatively difficult game as-is, but some people like the 1 vs. All games.

I have Battlefields, briefly read the rules, but haven't played LotR since I picked it up :(

-shnar

I completed my LotR set this month by getting the Sauron expansion, partially in anticipation for MEQ. I have to say Sauron exp has been a surprise hit. Haven't even dared try it with 2 hobbits, even 3 hobbits, Sauron at 12 hasn't been beaten yet (today things ended at the first space in Shelob's Lair sonrojado.gif ). I think the Foresight that came with the Sauron expansion is cursed or something, yet again managed to draw 1 Good, 4 Bad ones using it.

I think Friends and Foes is the best; it adds a lot to the game.

I like the idea of the Sauron expansion but it really fails because it's painfully boring to be the Sauron player.

I'd go for the Sauron expansion. As said earlier the hobbits should take the bad guy at the table in consideration. Wich makes it harder for them to deliberate.