Important Strats / Concepts

By JayDe, in Call of Cthulhu LCG

I am dying to play, am waiting on the game to arrive after purchasing from Maelstrom on ebay (shout out). I have played the demo deck from '04...

What are some of the key concepts, strats etc of this game I need to be aware of?

Such as... I have noticed, unlike other games, some of your cards will have to NOT 'ATTACK' in your turn, so that you have some defensive or counter ability during your opponents turn.

Also actions cannot be reactions/counters like in WH:Invasion - but playing a card is an action, so you get the first chance to do something to it before the oppponent can do anything.

Slight rules Q: When playing 0-cost events, since you do not exhaust a domain - loyalty costs for a domain do not matter either, huh?

JayDe said:

Slight rules Q: When playing 0-cost events, since you do not exhaust a domain - loyalty costs for a domain do not matter either, huh?

Steadfast matters, though, of course.

I meant loyalty from WH:Invasion, it's called a faction or resource -match or something in this.

Yes it is similar to WH:Invasion in that way. If you had a card that was Cthulhu 0, you would need a resource of cthluhu to play it, though you wouldn't have to use up a domain in the process. This is more of a problem with cars that cost say 5, but require a certain number of those to have the required symbol. I recall alot of Cthulhu cards being in that fashion. So to recap, whenever you play a card for a faction, it has to have at least one resource match from that domain. If the card has your factions symbols prefacing the name (always more than 1) you would need that many resource matches with the card to play the card. This is independant of actually draining your domains so that if you had a neutral 0 card you could play it with no cards in a domain, while if a faction would need at least one or however many are listed. Hope this helps out.