Favorite team?

By lexlloyd, in Death Angel

I really do like all the teams even though some are more powerful than others. I've found that it can be extremely situational, or dependant on dice rolling, as to how effective each team is. I've had games where it wouldn't matter what teams are in play because I'm rolling so bad it's apparent that I'm destined to lose that game. But I've found all the teams to have their use.

Even though they probably aren't my favorite team, how can you go wrong with "Armour of Contempt" and "Litany of Hate?" But, if I had to choose, I probably say Purple is my favorite. I love all three of their action cards.

i think that grey movement can be a powerful get out of the round card if ever needed but its not as powerful as the red card because the red can but 2 supports on the door.

loken14 said:

i think that grey movement can be a powerful get out of the round card if ever needed but its not as powerful as the red card because the red can but 2 supports on the door.

However the Grey movement is one of the very few cards that the Marines can use to actively Travel. Most of the other Travels, they are at the whims of the Event deck. Sometimes getting out of a certain Location bit earlier is welcome, especially ones that have no Door which do leave the Red team kinda sucky.

Well after playing my first solo game. I have to say that the green and grey teams are my favourite! Green is just great overkill abilities, block and dead aim are my friends. I love grey for the librarian! I mean his ability is able to sweep through swarms like a knife through butter. Not too mention the force field ability allows me to take a much needed breath.

I just picked up the game over Labor Day weekend and had a chance to play it yesterday. After bumbling through at the start our team of 4 (all veteran gamers) got a feel for the game. We squeeked out a victory with 2 Marines left on the board. Brother Claudio and Brother Leon where the last Marines standing.

So with only on game under my belt, playing Brother Leon and the Red team - he is my favorite. I was really able to leverage the 3 attacks. I'm sure as I learn more of the game mechanics I will like the more subtle abilities.

Great game, I will be order the print on demand materials soon.

From the Blood Angels teams, Chaplain's team is my favourite.

Purple from Dark Angels - I know that it is just luck-based, but rolling a 5 on a Deathwing Attack agains a swarm of 5 GS is priceless.

klaymen_sk said:

From the Blood Angels teams, Chaplain's team is my favourite.

Purple from Dark Angels - I know that it is just luck-based, but rolling a 5 on a Deathwing Attack agains a swarm of 5 GS is priceless.

I find that specific teams don't matter all that much. It's really about the combination of teams. I've had games go so easily I thought I was breaking rules because of the lineup I had, coupled with lucky dice rolling. I've also had those games where individually strong teams don't work well together. Having teams that have really powerful attacks is great, but having a combo of teams with powerful abilities in support and move + activate is massive when matched with powerful attack teams too.