Maps in "Extraction": Location 6

By Einbauschrank, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

I don't get it. According to the description location 6 is supposed to be some upturned land car in a ravine. The map shows me a land car in a compound. Since the workers housing is named as a location but not shown on the map I think the land car might have ended up in the workers' compound.

Am I putting to much thought into this? I am simply confused.

I think you've got it about right. My players approached from the south of the map, having decided to pod down next to the bunker. I described the compound to them as being nestled up next to a cliff, allowing them to look down and observe Commissar Sander's last stand.

Of course, they intervened, death from above style. I was quite proud. cool.gif

I decided to draw up a new map instead, as I felt that the ravine battlefield was too cool to pass up on. :)

Hi there.

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR PLAYERS!

I made a totally new approach to this scenario. Instead of having all the buildings and sites on one map, I made three site maps:

1. Main Refinery Area.

2. Worker Blockhouse Complex.

3. Comms Uplink Center.

I put all these sites in a "long line", from 1-3 and calculated how much time it would take the marines to move at maximum speed, plus a little extra time (1 hour) from site to site. I ruled that it was 25 kilometres from the refinery to the Comms link area. And also spaced them out with kilometres in between. So that way, I could spice the areas up a little more making them (IMHO) more interesting. The players liked the scenario a lot (and laughed at the original idea of grouping it all together, when I told them afterwards).

I also had miniatures for all the monsters (including scratch built Shrikes) and terrain with houses and everything else. The final confrontation was with the Imp Guard against Hormagaunts at the Comms tower (yes, a tower) and after that the "calm" wait with the Hive Tyrant landing! The players were shocked.

I've really been struggling to find maps that do justice to the various 'sub-sites' on the main map. While the main book has a close up of where the commisar and co. are holding ground, there really is a lack of other areas, especially the building interiors that would be of use. Anyone encountered any useful pre-made or generic maps that might be helpful for the Extraction scenario?

Hi there.

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR PLAYERS!

I made a totally new approach to this scenario. Instead of having all the buildings and sites on one map, I made three site maps:

1. Main Refinery Area.

2. Worker Blockhouse Complex.

3. Comms Uplink Center.

I put all these sites in a "long line", from 1-3 and calculated how much time it would take the marines to move at maximum speed, plus a little extra time (1 hour) from site to site. I ruled that it was 25 kilometres from the refinery to the Comms link area. And also spaced them out with kilometres in between. So that way, I could spice the areas up a little more making them (IMHO) more interesting. The players liked the scenario a lot (and laughed at the original idea of grouping it all together, when I told them afterwards).

I also had miniatures for all the monsters (including scratch built Shrikes) and terrain with houses and everything else. The final confrontation was with the Imp Guard against Hormagaunts at the Comms tower (yes, a tower) and after that the "calm" wait with the Hive Tyrant landing! The players were shocked.

Any chance you could upload these maps?