Mission in the Core Rulebook: Extraction

By TechVoid, in Deathwatch Rules Questions

Hello fellow Battle-Brothers,

I think about the map on page 386 and wonder what are the distances. If you have a closer look you spot a rectangular grid. But of what size? Is one square meant to be 10meters x 10meters for example?

What do you think?

Best regards,

TechVoid.

TechVoid said:

Hello fellow Battle-Brothers,

I think about the map on page 386 and wonder what are the distances. If you have a closer look you spot a rectangular grid. But of what size? Is one square meant to be 10meters x 10meters for example?

What do you think?

Best regards,

TechVoid.

I would tend to think in much larger dimensions. At normal speed, the kill-team needs 3 minutes per grid on average. Also, in 40K I think it's part of the flair that everything is over-sized (just think of the imperial navy's ships), hugely over-sized. So you might as well make it 100m x 100m. Or more.

Think epic. :-)

Alex

Based on the Text in the box on p. 386 under 2: Mag-Train Siding the platforms are list as 100 meters long. They take up 4 grid squares, so the map is a 25 x 25 meter grid.

Cool,

thanks.

I was just curious because sometimes the text gave me the feeling that all the locations on the map are quite near but on the other hand it seems to be a large area where you really have to travel from one location to the other.

In addition to that I did not wait until the Marines reach the Imperial Troop, attacked by Tyranids but just let it happen after some period of time. Thus they heard shooting and shouting and charged to the battle field. I am no friend of "it-happens-if / when-you-go-there".

And am I right that a number is wrong? I think the number belonging to the overturned crawler (I have not the book with me) is set next to the reinforved camp - which is the next map, which nix not explained at all in any detail?

Best regards,

TechVoid.