On the Boat

By Old Dwarf, in Cadwallon: City of Thieves

Both the Game & the painted figs have been upgraded to On The Boat..so aybe Thanksgiving happy.gif .

OD

My pre-order on Amazon was just delayed until early January....hope it comes earlier.

And the price on Amazon just jumped as well. Good thing we pre-ordered.

Amazon always ship FFG games only a few weeks after release, but sometimes (and in this case) the price is worth the delay.

True. Still would've been nice to have it for the Christmas break. Now I'll have to save it for weekends!

Zozimus said:

My pre-order on Amazon was just delayed until early January....hope it comes earlier.

Perhaps The Boat is slower than I thought sad.gif

OD

I'd really like to hear SOMETHING from someone @ FFG regarding this delay and telling us what's going on.

This is the first game I've really been waiting on from FFG and the constant cycle of promote-delay-promote-delay-etc. with no info is quite frankly insulting as a customer. When it was first announced, this game was supposed to be available after GenCon (august), then it was supposed to be available in September, and it's now October!

And every single e-retailer has a different release date set for this - Amazon has "11/24", CoolStuff just went from "Fall 2010" to "2010", Troll & Toad went from "9/27" to "10/2" to (currently) "10/16"....someone from FFG has to read these forums, so how difficult is it to get a concrete release date, not only to retailers, but to your own customers??

It's really soured me from purchasing any more FFG product....

FFG is now saying 2 weeks...so late October.

OD

So Amazon holds onto it for two months and then ships it? Wish I understood how this stuff works.

Zozimus said:

So Amazon holds onto it for two months and then ships it? Wish I understood how this stuff works.

Probably they were just playing safe not having a sure date yet.Then again,I quit preordering ordering through Thoughthammer as stuff would be out for weeks until they shipped preocupado.gif .Usually FFG would release in it's own online store & ship to Distributers who in turn send it on to the stores(B&M/online),so it takes a couple of weeks.

OD