Medals and Honors

By Lucius Valerius, in Deathwatch House Rules

The manual doesn't mention anything about awarding medals and honor except for the Crux Terminatus and since I love this kind of dettails about a character I made this little thing up based on Codex info. I divided the medals and honors in 3 tiers, each giving reknown accordinly.

Honors for astartes are not just medal objects in a box near the been, their honors are carven into the armors and weapons they use, any other Astartes looking at another brother can recognize immidiatly what he has been awarded with just by looking at his armor.

The Marksman Honour 1
Imperialis 1
Purity Seal 1
Aquila 1
Skull and Motto 1

Iron Skull 2
Imperial Laurel 2
Valor Crest 2
Vicotrex Alpha 2

Iron Halo 3
Terminator Honor 3
Honorifica Valorum 3

T1 Can be awarded multiple times (or at least it seems by the awards on some minis)

T2 and 3 can be awarded only once AFAIK

It might be interesting to tie each of the tiers into a range of rewarded Renown that would be required to achieve them. It suits the flavour of the Deathwatch game, or seemingly so. In some regards it would be like Pendragon 's "knighting" bonus and the other Glory awards.

Kage

Kage2020 said:

It might be interesting to tie each of the tiers into a range of rewarded Renown that would be required to achieve them. It suits the flavour of the Deathwatch game, or seemingly so. In some regards it would be like Pendragon 's "knighting" bonus and the other Glory awards.

Kage

Never played that system but I'm guessing something along the line of get x of this and x of that before you can be awarded an upper tier reward ? While that sounds interesting some of this awards are very specific by itself while others aren't even described at all except on Captain Sicarius (Codex page 22). Some are well described here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=112

Not quite. I was just trying to suggest something in the level-based terminology of Deathwatch . The simpler method is just to associate a certain amount of "Renown" for a given medal and then allow GM fiat for "life long awards."

Kage

by the way lucious not sure if you have read my short fiction peice but a name i came up with two and a bit yrs ago in iraq while waiting for a jet to take off has a very similar name to yours. back on subject i like the idea may have to have aproper look when i get the time as only skimmed it as i get ready for some rnr before afghan deployment

Drake56 said:

by the way lucious not sure if you have read my short fiction peice but a name i came up with two and a bit yrs ago in iraq while waiting for a jet to take off has a very similar name to yours. back on subject i like the idea may have to have aproper look when i get the time as only skimmed it as i get ready for some rnr before afghan deployment

Haven't read it yet but I will soon.