Combat Card in Party vs. Party

By Flaming0, in Anima: The Card Game

Hello. I've played a few 2 player matches against different people and came across a problem.

During the interaction phase, I declare combat against the other party in Hecate. We both have 2 characters, I don't remember which. We looked through the rules and we were stumped.

Do I play combat cards before or after him or is he able to play any combat cards at all?

Thanks!

gran_risa.gif

Well Me and my friends found this hole too but this is what we think:

Since it is a Combat Phase (with in the Interaction Phase) between two players, each player will take turns playing combat cards, starting with the party with the higher speed total(roll the die for ties). Then both players take turns playing combat cards until they cannot. Then calculate total Combat Abilty and proceed with rolling the die for combat conclusion. I hope this helps ill put it into bullet form so its more clear.

• Declare Combat against an opposing party
  • -Now considered Combat Phase- (But still in the Interaction Phase)
  • Check total Speed Value and compare who has the highest total.
  • Party with the Higher speed acts first and plays a Combat card.
  • Opposing Party may play a Combat card
  • Repeat the past two steps till both players cannot play cards anymore, the proceed to next step.
  • Calculate total Combat Ability Scores and Roll Die for combat conclusion.
  • Conclude Combat Phase

When ever you play a Combat Card the effects resolve immediately. Interruption Cards CAN still be played during these Combats.

I hope this helps. But remember when you play a Combat cards keep them visible and do not discard them till the Combat is over.

I would agree that taking turns playing the combat cards is probably the best way to go about this until either you run out of combat cards, or decide to stop playing them. After having played a lot of Munchkins where there can be a ridiculously large amount of cards in the combat, keeping them all out on the table is really good advice.

Hey all,

Apparently this has been resolved in a small sentence in the Anima: Twilight rulebook. Quoting from memory, I believe that the person initiating battle on another party plays a card first, then goes alternatingly. However, not sure how this interacts with interruption cards/abilities, which in the paragraph or two above it say it can be played any time?

I guess main point is that initiator goes first.