5-6 player rules or scenario's

By CaptKhaos13, in Tide of Iron

Okay I picked up the game a few weeks ago and haven't had time to play yet cause of the holidays but I was wondering if anyone has any idea's on how I can make the game a 5-6 player game. My game group is kinda large and everyone normally always shows up and I feel bad if someone has to sit out for a game. Thanks for all comments and help with this question

There's probably not an easy way to do this, though I suppose if everyone was up for it (especially as a new game) you could play by committee (3 to a side) while everyone learns the game, if everyone gets into it then perhaps it might be something your group would pick up a second copy of so everyone can get in on the action directly.

Thanks for the response. I was thinking of something like that or using the memoir 44 idea for 6 players and have 2 people run the units on each side with the third person in the back helping out with strategy and other things just can't figure out what else the person in the back could be doing besides helping with strategy. We will be playing it tommorow I think there will be 5 of us so I might just sit back and let everyone else try it out and I will be helping with the rules and other questions people have since I am the rules guru for our group now that my old man has passed that torch on to me lol but thanks again for the response.

If everyone is new to the game, you could designate one person to be the rule lawyer!

Or, for future plays, I'd create a scenario, or find a scenario, that uses all the map boards and lots of units. Then, 4 of the players would get one of the two base colors for each side, and the other 2 players would get all the vehicles and tanks for each side.

A while back I played a mod for a popular RTS game in which one player was given control of infantry, another the tanks and artillery, another the flying units and missile defenses, and another the special forces units. It was one of the best multi-player experiences I've ever tried because it forced everyone to work together.

I've been wanting to try something like this in a board game and it might just work for TOI. I'd probably try to design a scenario in which one player had the infantry, another had vehicles, and the third had artillery and the strategy decks. Another option would be to split the infantry divisions as per the 4 player rules, make the 3rd player have the vehicles, and then give each player a strategy deck that compliments their units (i.e.; Morale 1 to an infantry player).

Both options sound really fun to me. I might try playing around with something like this over New Years...