Playmat

By DiscoNouny, in Death Angel

Hello people,

I was wondering if someone had already designed a playmat for this game?

I use a WoW TCG playmat (24.25" x 14.15") and it's just perfect...

So, before starting my own one, I wanted to ask if someone was already working on a playmat.

Cheers!

I was wondering at the same time if it would interest some people to get my playmat when It's finished (later this week)

Are you talking about making a playmat specifically for Death Angel? What would it look like?

Death Angel of course, with cards spaces and graphics and everything... :)

It's gonna be hard. Do you make spots for all 12 Space Marines in the Formation?

What if I want to play alone? I have a big Formation tongue sticking out :D ?

argh you are right... there's enough space for 6 Space Marines... oh well, I'll need two playmats!!! he he he e YOu use one when you play with 3 teams, and you add the other one if you are more... :)

I think I'll make a "poster" like playmat, so it's easier for people to print and you can even plastify it. It's cheaper than a "mouse-pad" like playmat like I watned to do... :)

Why don't you simply use a piece of cloth that can be rolled? Buy a green or red piece of cloth and use white marker to paint stuff on it.

I would do it this way :P

oh well, yes, you are right.. but it's not pretty, I want something cool and destroy! :P

I made one last night with photoshop.

Head over to BGG to DL it when it gets posted hopefully in a few hours. I am not gonna claim its compact but it is a playmat,

If you want the whole thing you need 19 8.5 x11 sheets , printed, laminated, and a roll of good clear tape.

Heres a peek at the header sheet.

5031745530_288df4af24.jpg

Nice!

I made the background template tonight, oh well, I started working on it...

it's a 20x30 inches poster

Enough space for everything... I think...might add a space for the pile of unused Support Tokens and even a space for Action cards...

javascript:void(0);/*1285640069987*/

oh, I forgot the swarms... so, no more space for unused support tokens and anything else.. :/

DiscoNouny said:

Nice!

I made the background template tonight, oh well, I started working on it...

it's a 20x30 inches poster

Enough space for everything... I think...might add a space for the pile of unused Support Tokens and even a space for Action cards...

javascript:void(0);/*1285640069987*/

Yeah the cards get big real quick! I thought the whole playmat idea would be easy and somewhat small. When you start adding up 3+" cards

x 12 its alot of space.

Sorry, but I don't like it...

Although it has a 90s game look :D

Sorry uploaded the wrong image. Blip piles reversed. :P

This one is correct.

Wikear, didn't figure everyone would take to it. No sweat. Got any suggestions to make it better or bring it into the new century?

5034338876_52f1e6d336.jpg

Hi there.

I also made a playmat. I used visio for it.

Scanned some of the cards to mark their places.

It will be three part, each 50cm wide and 35cm in height.

http://picfront.de/d/7Rjc

This is the first part, the rest will be mostly formation.

Nice job Khorgar, mine was starting to look like that but wow, yours is great!!!!!!! I can stop working on mine and take yours if you want to share it!!!!

I don't use playmats but I love it when people are into a game enough to get creative and make products or content to enhance the experience. Keep at it guys!

I like TWThomas' header play mat. I think that is all that is needed...

docsavagepu8-2.png

Actually, you are right Doc Savage... all one needs is the header... n'way, I finished mine, I might add details later but I think it's going to look good when I print it on a 20x30' poster! yeah! :P

draft2.png

Looks nice DiscoNouny.

I had a test print of my version and was not very satisfied with it.

It was way bigger than i anticipated, and i had a lot of problems fitting all the formations on it.

So i went the same way as you. Stick to the header.

Also I wanted it to fit on a DIN A3 sheet so i could print the mat easily.

I had to change some of the design and cramp it a bit. I also lost the Brood Lord space, but, hey, you only need them in one scenario.

So here it is:

http://picfront.de/d/7RxY

Have fun

Excellent work Mister K!!!! I'll edit the Death Angel logo on my page and the formation pic 'cause I'm not satisfied and I'll print it on a huge poster, I hope it's going to be as goog as I think it is!!!!