Is this really coming out in November??

By diablo666, in Mansions of Madness

I would love for this to be true but I just dont see how.

It is still listed as being at the printer.Can it really be done there,moved onto the boat and released to us in November??

I am really hoping this is true as there is a convention here in Michigan that I would love to run it at.The con is in the first weekend of December.

I am crossing my fingers.

What do you guys think?

diablo666 said:

It is still listed as being at the printer.Can it really be done there,moved onto the boat and released to us in November??

I am really hoping this is true as there is a convention here in Michigan that I would love to run it at.The con is in the first weekend of December.

What do you guys think?

At the printer already is pretty crazy! I hope FFG does this more often...waits until the game is done before announcing it. Then you only have to wait a 2 or 3 months!

I find Nov. hard to believe preocupado.gif Note The ToI East Front Expansion tagged for Summer Release is still at the Printer.But we can hope babeo.gif

OD

I found two separate messages for when it would come out. The first one I found said Winter 2010, and then the animated ad for it said November 2010. In the states, winter doesn't start until around December 21st. However, it's possible that the winter time-frame was written before setting a date and just never got changed. They could have found out that the printing was going along much faster and then bumped up the date to November.

I just hope it's before Nov 21st. A good friend of mine is flying back for Thanksgiving. He and I were always the two that rallied to play board games with our friends, so that would be a very good time indeed.

Those little quips on FFG's upcoming page arent always accurate. Think of them more as "guidelines"

Case in point, Gears of War.

For anyone who has checked out the upcoming site with any regularity, you already know whats coming and need not read any more of my post because you already get the joke.

For everyone else who is unfamiliar, that game has been on the upcoming list for almost 3 years. Dates always change but the fact remains that it has been sitting there at the bottom of the list as if something is ever going to happen to it. The date was changed sometime this sping to say "2010" when it said "fall/winter2009". Keep in mind that it still said this during the late spring of 2010. Thats a 6 month disparity. Anyways, 2010 is about 3/4 of the way done and still not a single hint about it.

Lots of other examples, but thats the strongest and most telling about why you should take anything on the upcoming page with a big fat boulder of salt. That list just isnt updated on the hour, but when they get around to it perhaps once a week or when an announcement comes out.

FFG are very gunshy about making release date announcements (because of past issuses such as Gears of War), so I think if they are doing one, its a pretty safe bet that it will indeed be released sometime in November.

FFG has pointed out in previous announcements that it's projected release date is based on the most optimistic circumstances because they have to give the earliest possible date available to let distributors and stores know when they might have it.

Since they need to tell distributors a few months in advance, they decide they will announce on their own website first so that the news of an upcoming game does not come from secondary sources. There's always a chance that something will go wrong (misprinted tiles or cards, wrong figures in the box, etc). I hope that waiting this long to announce means that most of those potential problems have already been taken care of.

FFG became kind of gunshy about announcing games early in the process because of all the little problems between design and getting it into the store. I remember Tide of Iron being released a lot later than originally planned because the boards had to be sent back because of warping.

The Gears of War thing is a different story.

I wish they would just take it down unless they get real news.

I'm guessing if we start seeing regular previews soon, it'll be November. They aren't calling the game at their Arkham event a playtest. It's listed as a first-shot. November isn;t out of the question....

Frog said:

At the printer already is pretty crazy! I hope FFG does this more often...waits until the game is done before announcing it. Then you only have to wait a 2 or 3 months!

I don't like this method, because many customers waste time posting comments under the announcements with suggestions after reading the rules and pointing out misprints and errors, because they don't know the product is at the printers at that point.

Then when they get the game they think they went unheard.

Then again the advanced "Look See" can give you a good idea if a Game is for you.I have never experienced a poster who didn't realize that when FFG post up the Rules they were set in stone.Posting up the Rules just before the Game release is fairly standard for many Game Producers & IMO an excellent practice.It also has the benefit of creating Buzz aplauso.gif babeo.gif .

OD

Now I know what I shall be demanding from my spouse for my birthday in November. Could this knock Arkham Horror from my top spot? It does sound more like I hoped Arkham Horror was going be to be like. And I can feel the seeds of an idea for some kind of bastard son crossover between the two already taking root in the frothing mess of what I laughingly call, 'my braaaaaain hurts Mr Gumby'! babeo.gif

diablo666 said:

What do you guys think?

Boy, I would suggest calling them to see if you can get a demo copy - should have one availalbe as they are doing something in the next month or so at the game center if I read the NEWS section correctly. Would think they would love to have someone demo'ing this for them.

R

I'll be happy if it comes out just before Christmas. :)

This game looks..... too good to be true. Don't it?

Looks like they have shifted this back by a month. So, I suspect orders taken in November - delivery by the 15th of December or so.

R