pinky demons sweep ability

By Bagardse, in Doom

The pinky demons sweep ability does that count for all squares around him even diagonally? Just got game and am loving it but having a couple issues i cant figure out in the rule book but no big deal still killing it with friends. Just like the chainsaw too.

Pinky is generally the term for the Demon (aka Dog). Hell Knights have Sweep. And yes, diagonals apply.

Any time you see the term "adjacent", that counts all squares touching the squares in question, which includes diagonal. You can move to any adjacent space, you can attack any adjacent space, sweep hits all adjacent spaces, etc.

-shnar

so you can target a square diagonally? i wasnt sure about that either we allways targeted head on kinda deal

Yes, pretty much if you can move in that direction, you can attack in that direction. Diagonal melee attacks are very much allowed.

-shnar

Thanks a lot for the help guys i just played another game and killed both my friends before reaching level 2...to walk over damage from the shotgun for example do you need to score proper range again or is it just the damage you roll....another point if you miss in the middle of walking damage are you allowed to walk again after missing the first walk? for example chaingain hits enemy walk over damage to next enemy but misses can he walk it over again to hit a different enemy?

Each blowthrough attack is treated as a separate attack, need to roll range, could use ammo. Missing doesn't matter in terms of the chaingun, if you can walk it three times, you could even miss the first two and kill the third (though would have to be a fairly silly Invader player to allow a three attack congaline lengua.gif ). Unless playing campaign and chaingun breaks demonio.gif ...

It's always a good idea to AIM your Blow Through attacks, since you will get to reroll every one of those attacks.

Thinking about what I just said, I'm not entirely certain if that's true, since Blow Through gives you more attacks, and Aim is only used on one attack. Do all the blow through attacks count as one for the purposes of AIM?

-shnar

If you Aim your chaingun attack, you get to reroll one of the possible three attacks, not all three.

shnar said:

It's always a good idea to AIM your Blow Through attacks, since you will get to reroll every one of those attacks.

Thinking about what I just said, I'm not entirely certain if that's true, since Blow Through gives you more attacks, and Aim is only used on one attack. Do all the blow through attacks count as one for the purposes of AIM?

-shnar

I'd say that your AIM order can only be used towards a single one of the attacks, whether it's the main attack, or one of the blow throughs. The rules state that each blow through attack must be tested for ammo usage and LOS, so i'd treat the AIM order individually as well.

ASFx said:

shnar said:

-shnar

I'd say that your AIM order can only be used towards a single one of the attacks, whether it's the main attack, or one of the blow throughs. The rules state that each blow through attack must be tested for ammo usage and LOS, so i'd treat the AIM order individually as well.

I will add, that the rules says that those are two (or three) separate attacks so you can only aim one of those.