Birthday tournaments for Swindon in January

By Fiddlestix, in UFS Uk Forum

Hey dudes!

OK, some of you already know about this but for the rest hear we go! I'm holding a double patch tourney, Water in the morning and Air in the afternoon, on the 17th of January. This is the week befre originally planned due to me not being in Swindon on my actual birthday, but there will still be hats and cake for everyone to help me celebrate my big 25th! Tourney's will start at 10:30, I'm happy to give directions and sort parking, etc! Cheers folks, hope plenty can make it!

Cheers! Fiddlestix aka Bevan

Thanks for the early warning, I'll see what I can do with work so I can get the day off.

Looking forward to some airy water shenanigans!

Ricky 'Son' Gopaul

Wahoo! Booked the day off, so things are looking up!

Umm, what are the rules for these events? Block 2 or 3? Any banned cards?

And most of all, directions? Text me on 07904297742 to let me know pleez!

I'll try my best to take the day off work, but it's a Saturday, so I can't imagine my dad'll be too happy with it (I work for him), but I'll see what I can do gui%C3%B1o.gif

Viewtiful, if you can make it that would be awesome! Son Gopaul, the tournaments will still be Block 2, as this sucker is gonna be gone in the next few months and it would be nice just to see a few more hurrahs, unless anybody here can give good reason to make it Block 3. Ban list is the same way (i.e. current bannings as listed by FFG) unless someone can give me a good reason why a particular card in this format in too brokesauce to allow.

Cheers folks, see you guys soon!

UPDATE!!!!! To make this tournament a bit more special (as if it needed it, it being my birthday and all!) Steve has had a rummage and come up with an excellent prize for the top place position for both tournaments - I'll keep it under me hat fer now, suffice to say its a doozie!

Happy deck building guys!!

well as if you did not need saying but me and mark will be there.

wow under youre hat you must have a big hat unless it is a small prize who this has narrowed it down so much happy.gif

Got the day off, I shall be gracing you with my appearance :D I'll probably be playing my already Block 3 Air deck, not sure about Water yet...

I may bring Twister...

Awesome work dudes, this should be good!

P.S. pyro, it won't fit under your hat, unless it was a particularly large hat! gui%C3%B1o.gif

And this one is just fer me! babeo.gif lolz!

well water deck done and the air deck is never not built so i am set to go know just to get my brothers decks set to go enfadado.gif

Ha you are so under ur brothers thumb!!

The prize support turned up to day, its got some awesome stuff in it, so please everyone, a big thank you to Steve, and lets make him attend! LET THE PETITION BEGIN!!!!!

EDIT: Sorry to be a pain, but can I get some numbers for next Saturday, Chris at the shop has to sort the tables or summat! Currently got 5 including meself, and obviously if you aren't sure, don't worry coz I'm sure we can get it sorted, just need a rough number.

Cheers guys!

I'm pretty sure around 3 to 5 of us Colchester players are attending the event. That's unless anyone makes some last minute decisions...

Okay, My Air Patch deck has been done for some time now, dunno wether to keep it Block 3 anyway or add some good old Block 2 goodness...

My Water Patch deck however, after some thought, has been changed since the one I had at Colchester's Wawta Patch. You can blame Set 11 for that one.

OK folks, I need a vote on this one:

Banning Feline Spike

It may be controversial, but this one is a bit of a "insert swear word", and I can see it dominating the tournament in an altogether uncouth and NPE fashion. Let me know, if I don't get any solid reasons to leave it in, its gone, sorry!!

P.S. Also sorry about the relative late ness of this announcement, but I started the heavy building process today, and that one stood out like a sore thumb on a hand with no fingers

EDIT: And Soul Power is definitely out, this little tinker is just broken in this format!

I don't mind Feline Spike or Soul Power going buh-bye for these events, Alex is running my copies of Spike at the moment in his Chun-Li deck anyway!

And you're right, I can't think of any reason NOT to run it in this format...

I knew if Soul Power wasn't going to get banned, I'll be killing people with it's attack half anyway.

I've never lost an arm and a leg to get a playset of Feline Spike, so it doesn't matter to me that they're banned.

Just as a side-note, if anyone's got any spare Annu Mutsube's or Raging Storms they're trading, could they bring them up on Saturday, ans I'm really after them. Also, Mark, I'll remember to bring my Seclusions with me this time unless you've managed to get hold of them already ;)

Bevan, if you've still got my email address, could you email me your phone number if you don't mind, as I might need to ring you for directions once we get off the train. We also don't want you guys starting without us if we're a bit late :P And geez, you're 25? You look **** good for your age, if you don't mind me saying so ;) . I get people telling me I look 30... Thats 10 years older than I am!

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

6 out of 6 for the Epic B-day party!

Yeah, I came 6th out of the 6 players, in both patches. Maybe it was a serious case of bad luck and lack of sleep which caused me to go off my A-game. At least I managed to get ::Blanka:: who was highly sought after by myself.

At least there was cakes, hats, poppers and LOTS of fun!

Thanks for the day Bevan, it was well worth it!

lol

Sorry dudes, I have made a major cock-up here. I lost the results from the two tournaments, so if you guys could give me what your games came to in each patch, coz I need to enter the results AND the SoS. Sorry dudes, I know this is a pain in the ass!

Cheers! Fiddlestix

That's cool mate, I think I can remember the details, but I do know I lost all my games >_<

Air Patch
Vs Bevan lost 1-2
Vs Joe lost 0-2
Vs Dan lost 1-2

Water Patch
Vs Joe lost 0-2
Vs Craig lost 0-1
Vs Dan lost 0-2

something like that.

bevan u epic fail :)

right air:

vs Joe 2-0

vs Craig 2-0

vs U 0-2

and water:

vs Craig: 2-1

vs dan? i think 2-0 (oh yes fish man beats ibuki hell yes :)

vs Joe 1-2 :(

second in both but a fantastic day thanks for everyone who came tis was cool

Bump!! Still need results from Dan, Joe and Craig. Give em a poke guys!!

I think mine went something like this:

Air

Vs. Mark - 0-2

Vs. Ricky - 2-0

Vs. Craig - 2-0

Water

Vs. Ricky - 2-0

Vs. Bevan - 2-0

Vs Mark - 2-1

I THINK, I can't be too sure though...

This is what i think but it could be wrong because hay it is me

Air