The Masks of Nyarlathotep Campaign for Arkham Horror v1 now ready for download

By Ornendil, in Fan Creations

At long last, here it is!

javascript:void(0);/*1285205169583*/ -->complete package sans Strange Eon files, made sure all components are actually in the folder this time, not sure why they were missing.

I'm also posting here the bits that were missing before so you don't have to redownload the whole thing

Small Misc Cards: javascript:void(0);/*1285205271598*/

Campaign Cards: javascript:void(0);/*1285205313453*/

and finally, the SE files: javascript:void(0);/*1285205371034*/

My goal with this expansion is to provide a 'campaign' type experience for Arkham horror, where the whole game takes the form of a overarching adventure, complete with side advents and special quests.

It is also designed to be rather challenging, so as to live up to the deadly rpg campaign on which it's based.

I have included the Strange Eon files that go with the PDFs of the cards

I would love feedback, what works, what doesn't, what could be added/removed

Also, if people are interested I could put together a mini-expansion of some game elements designed for general, non-campaign play

See the rulebook for storyline and rules for playing the campaign. Also, if you haven't played the Call of Cthulhu RPG, I highly recommend it (I am in no way affiliated with Chaosium)

Enjoy, and thanks for being patient!

Ornendil

cool, and downloading :D

BTW if you want I can upload it to Megaupload so there is another option for user who would rather not use Rapidshare (I usually go for MU over RS when given the option since they have less restrictions on free users) let me know if you want me to.

Cheers and thanks for the great work,

~ Elderbree TM

Elderbree TM said:

cool, and downloading :D

BTW if you want I can upload it to Megaupload so there is another option for user who would rather not use Rapidshare (I usually go for MU over RS when given the option since they have less restrictions on free users) let me know if you want me to.

Cheers and thanks for the great work,

~ Elderbree TM

I'll do that

thanks

Ornendil

babeo.gif babeo.gif babeo.gif

Thank you very much, Ornendil! gui%C3%B1o.gif

Downloading it right now :-) Thank you for the great work!

naturally, the package I uploaded is missing the pdf. for small misc card pages (electric torch, spells, deposit slip). The cards and deck file are present in the Strange Eons file if you are familiar with the software you can simply print from it, of you can download the missing page from here. I'll amend the main download to have the missing page for all future downloads.

javascript:void(0);/*1285187281057*/

thanks

never mind. Anyone know how to remove posts?

I can't seem to open the Strange Eons files, and the upload does not include pdf versions of the Campaign Cards.

Lucas Trask said:

I can't seem to open the Strange Eons files, and the upload does not include pdf versions of the Campaign Cards.

crap, this is why small expansions are good. let me post them. I'll post a new main link as well and move the SE files as its own download to decrease size.

as to the Strange Eon files, what issues are you having? The best way to import the SE files is to copy and paste them into SE

Very impressive. I like the World board. I'll have to check it out more in depth later... So have you tested this? If so, how did it go?

Grudunza said:

So have you tested this? If so, how did it go?

I've played it a few times. The main thing I found is that things can get very hairy if you don't stay on top of things, with the various cult members getting lots of bonuses. Also, investigators with low sanity may suffer. Because you get only 5 turns of potential gates, and only a few campaign cards and the like add doom tokens, Nyarlathotep's doom track mainly fills due to Terror level increases, and the terror level can go up quite fast. I haven't tested this, but I'd imagine Charlie Kane's ability to stop terror level increases would be quite powerful.

The 3 times I've played, I didn't win, though managed to get close via defeating Cult Leaders. I'm going to do more testing this weekend, see what might be improved.

Some feedback I'm looking for if people test it out:

1) is it fun to play?> the most important

2) how well does it capture the feel of a 'campaign or major adventure'

3) Are some elements over or underpowered

4) Is it too challenging or not challenging enough

5) how did you find using Arkham as a home base rather than the primary scene of action

6) have you tried it with other expansions?

eventually I'd like to make a revised edition

thanks

Ornendil

Wow !! Truly impressive. I can't wait to play test it.

Building a list of changes for the second edition (no release date :) ). So far:

for Nyarlathotep AO, instead of automatic sanity loss: when terror level increases make a Will Roll -x where x is the new terror level, when doom track advances make a Will Check -x where x is the current number of doom tokens. Lose 1 sanity if you fail.

for cult members: all cult members should be stationary, otherwise they all pile up in one place and a well armed investigator can take them all out at once

for monsters in general: more variety of dimension symbols >also drawing mythos cards for monster movement every turn

Well done Ornendil! I've downloaded the SE files (download: nice 'n' quick) and am having fun tinkering with them and printing.

Megaupload isn't playing very nicely. Can someone load it up to another site? Thanks.

hmm, I'll be posting a version with some revisions tomorrow, I'll post it via mega and via another share site, any recommendations?

www.boardgamegeek.com strikes me as the best place. It's got a wide audience of, well, board game geeks, so you should get plenty of downloads and interest.

Can't find this expansion anywhere - is there a current link?

I've gotten ahold of a copy. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll try and send you what I have.

Fantastic, thanks much - I just sent you a Friend Request with my email in it; can't figure out how to send a PM to you (how embarrassing). Let me know if you don't get it and I'll try again.

Much appreciated

K

The forum tools are a bit naff I'm afraid. My email is jacob dot busby at hants dot gov dor uk. (Address mildly obscured to stop spambots, make the obvious changes)

Thanks man - just sent an email your way!

hope you're having a good one

K

Hey Jake, did you manage to send off those files to my email? I want to make sure my addy didn't get thrown in your trash -