Focus on what you already have.

By Curator, in The Hobbit Board Game

My wallet can take it but my nerves can't.

As a kid my father would always tell me "How about focusing on what you have first?"

You have way too many dead games. I love you guys to death, but I was scouring the forums of each game yesterday and realized AMAZING games like Chaos in the Old World don't have very active forums. Grimm needs a lift of support articles or something. Most threads are titled "Is this any good?" or "Should I get this?".

Please consider making additional content for many "stale" games right now. Years have past since many of them were released. New players have hit that age (college) were they turn to evolving gaming experience, checking game stores and comic stores.

I mean you are on track to having more games than Hasbro! (counting monopoly as a single game lengua.gif )

While, I understand FFG needs to make money, I get the meaning behind this post. We've hit an interesting time in gaming. The video game world is even showing this, where gamers simply have so many options vying for attention, it can feel overwhelming. Often, fantastic titles start collecting dust either in the FLGS or on our bookshelves because we simply don't have the time to play them all!

I likely won't be picking this one up, at least until the films release. (Movie/game night combo!) Plus, I have the LCG to collect for the next few years and Middle-earth Quest that's only been played three times in the last year.

I disagree. So long as the games they come out with are at least as well designed as the older stuff, I'm all for more releases. People who want to play the older titles can still play them -- I certainly do, with my own favorites. And it's possible any new game they publish could become another favorite for me.

I can't wait for this to come out. I'm a Lord of the Rings (board/card game) fanatic. I will continue to throw money at companies who make enjoyable new LotR-themed games. My wife and I love having so many games we can't decide what to play. The more we can add to the collection, the better.

Well, perhaps the games you mention have not sold enough to warrant expansion. There is no point financially in making expansions for a game that did not sell well enough initially. Just wondering why you think an expansion would breathe more life into the dead games; would people pull the old copies of the game out, would it drive new sales?

Gene

The Hobbit was not created by FFG lengua.gif