A Silly Question

By David Spangler, in Red November

This question is about the movement and placement of tokens. It can be easily settled by a house rule, but I'm wondering if there is an official rule.

When a player lands on the same space on the time track as another player, is his marker placed under or on top of the marker of the player who was there before him? Amazingly, this has generated heated discussions in our gaming group, since it determines who goes next, who goes first if there's a pile of characters on a space and so on. Most of us feel it makes no difference, but one or two are pretty adament that it needs an official ruling--or at least a consensus from other players.

So what say ye to this silly question of token placement?

I say, why is it such a big deal? It's a cooperative game, so why should it matter who goes first? If you want consistency, just decide one way or the other and stick to it...

The way I read it in the rules, you are to put it on top of the other markers. I feel that it works better anyways. I pondered putting it at the bottom and it became too fiddly with the markers falling over when trying to pick up and place. Thematically, that gnome still has his heart pounding and is ready for atleast one more minute of fun! I found a few times that it was a good place to "stop" see what damage has been caused before doing my next turn, which was basically still... my turn! This helped in determining where I should move my gnome next.

My 2cents.

rob

I think this one is explicitly cover in the rulebook: the last acting Gnome´s time keeper always comes on top of other possible keeper in the same space.