Solo play possibilities...

By Rumorgod, in Mansions of Madness

That's a good point- it really doesn't seem that this game would be fit for solo play without massive conversions to the rules. However, until I see the rulebook (hopefully soon!), I'll just have to hope there are some loopholes to allow for an automated keeper.

I agree it appears not to offer Solo but we're all thinking of trying to play against a robo Keeper,perhaps there is a way to play the keeper and robo the Investigators sorpresa.gif Gotta see them Rules.

OD

Old Dwarf said:

I agree it appears not to offer Solo but we're all thinking of trying to play against a robo Keeper,perhaps there is a way to play the keeper and robo the Investigators sorpresa.gif Gotta see them Rules.

OD

Now that makes solo play a lot more appealing to me. Seeing how to squish the investigators. gran_risa.gif

Mmmmmmmmaybe. I don't know. Honestly, I have no interest in playing solo. It just seems like it would be way more fun to get friends together to play, even if it was possible.

after the impression i got of the game i dont think solo play will be possible...simply because the gamemaster's part seemed more "player-like" than "allmighty" ..it felt more like a strong opponent you have to take down with combined power. the game mechanics seemed to limit his powers so he cant just squish everything that moves even if he wanted ^^ i think solo mode would be like playing chess vs yourself

causeitwasfunny said:

Mmmmmmmmaybe. I don't know. Honestly, I have no interest in playing solo. It just seems like it would be way more fun to get friends together to play, even if it was possible.

True the Social aspects of Gaming are fun(well usually serio.gif ) but many players like to just relax & experience the Game by themselves besides the Beer last longer that way gran_risa.gif .

I really hope MoM can be worked around to Solo,I prefer my Lovecraft as a Solo experience,it just seems so....well LOVECRAFT demonio.gif .

OD

Old Dwarf said:

besides the Beer last longer that way gran_risa.gif .

Thumbs up!

Old Dwarf said:

causeitwasfunny said:

True the Social aspects of Gaming are fun(well usually serio.gif ) but many players like to just relax & experience the Game by themselves besides the Beer last longer that way gran_risa.gif .

I really hope MoM can be worked around to Solo,I prefer my Lovecraft as a Solo experience,it just seems so....well LOVECRAFT demonio.gif .

OD

Don't get me wrong, I've played a few games solo and enjoyed them (Arkham Horror, Touch of Evil, etc). However, I'm not sure this game would feel right solo. If there was a comprehensive way to play it solo, I'd give it a shot. I just don't see that happening.

Old Dwarf said:

OD

Now THIS would be genius. It would give Keepers a way to create custom scenarios and playtest them without revealing everything. I've been trying to find ways to play a Cthulhu RPG besides my 20-year old 4th ed. Chaosium stuff (wife doesn't like new systems, but LOVES Arkham Horror).