Can it be combined/linked to Arkham Horror?

By bioball, in Mansions of Madness

I think it would super awesome if before this game goes gold if there was some official mechanism by which the game could be tied into Arkham Horror. I think that would be a great combination. Maybe a world quest in AH culminating in the final showdown in MoM? Or stopping events in MoM in away that starts an adventure off in AH?

Any old school AD&D/Shadowrun/CoC players feel with way? I mean they did link the LCG and AH together during a Con.

I hope not, I want something I DONT have to attach to arkham horror to enjoy.

I am fine with the games being entirely separate, especially since one is full co-op and the other is partial co-op. Although I am certain that if people really wanted to house rules could be come up with once the game is out.

I'm sure that players will be able to link the two games if they want to. It doesn't even seem like it would be that difficult, though it would make for a very long game session. I could see something along the lines of Mansion being a prequel to the actual game, and coming up with mechanics that if the gamekeeper(?) wins, the AO in the Arkham game is stronger somehow starts with extra doom tokens, gains some special ability or enhances an existing one, whatever.

Then there could be "sub plots" where a person could design encounters that take place on the MoM board, and the players could alternate between the two. It all depends on how elaborate the playgroup wants to get.

JerusalemJones said:

Then there could be "sub plots" where a person could design encounters that take place on the MoM board, and the players could alternate between the two. It all depends on how elaborate the playgroup wants to get.

...such as an encounter in Arkham Horror's 'The Witch House' or 'The Unnamable' being entire sub -games in Mansions of Madness. The mind boggles at the possibilities!

It's hard to tell from the small pictures, but it looks like you might be able to put an Arkham Horror monster tile in the slots for the monster figures. That's not a plot tie-in, but it would let you make use of the pieces from MoM (yeah, I guess that is the acronym, here) for Arkham Horror.

I'm with Jerusalem Jones, if not directly compatible with AH, there will be somebody houseruling the way the two games can be connected for a *huge* game. Anyway, just a little note: there is a small logo on the top of the game saying "AH Files". Hopefully we will have a series of good games, most of them expandable in some ways.

The "Monster Token Slots" look like they would be able to hold monster tokens from Arkham, too. So you could probably use the monster figurines in AH. Would be pretty cool. That said, there were already some possible ways to put monster miniatures on the AH board...

This reminds me of all the threads about combining Runebound/Runewars/Descent into one giant never-ending game. =P

I highly doubt that the official rules will give a way of combining this with AH. For one thing, AH is co-op and this looks to have a Bad Guy Player, which raises interesting questions about how the BGP is handled when everyone's on the same team otherwise. Besides which, if the Terrinoth games have been any indication, I doubt the mechanics of this game will work very much like the mechanics in AH at all. Translating characters, items and spells from one to another will likely be difficult, to say the least.

All that is simply to say I doubt that FFG will make this happen officially. Fans who don't mind blowing a whole weekend on "one" game will probably find a way to make it happen themselves. =)

I'm sure this will be a "House Rule"thing corazon.gif . We do this for ME Quest Going to WarHammer Quest to play out some Quest & Storm of Swords going to Battles of Westeros for the Raid orders.It is a time killer but I have a Game Room I can just leave things set up so we just pick up & continue game sessions.

OD

Wondering if they will do the same as they did when DungeonQuest came out - do new Investigators with cards both for AH and the Mansion...