Questions about Karak and his Command Tent.

By Cyborgtrucker, in Mutant Chronicles

Karak

Karak comes with 4 cards that are limited to one per army and are only playable on him, Guardian Spirit, Dark Discipline, Shadow Cloak and Void Walker.

Limit 1 per army. Play when you activate Karak the Keeper. Attach this card to Karak the Keeper's unit reference card. If Karak the Keeper is destroyed, discard this card from play.

Since the card's them selves are command cards, they are played one at a time on my turn when I activate him, right? Someone was telling me that they all go on him when he is activated. So now I'm not sure.

Karak's Command Tent

Ok I understand the rule of "three of the same card limit" for an army's play deck. It sounds like though from the text on the Tent's stat card that you can have more than the three card limit because the Tent is kind of its own hand. Does that sound right?

"At the beginning of the game, you may attach 1 Gold, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze (Ilian) command card from your collection, facedown, to this Karak's Command Tent reference card. You may look at and play these cardsas if they were in you hand."

The other reason I came to my conclusion is my set came with 4 Soul Possession command cards. So did I get too many cards or what?

I also mistakenly thought that all of Karak's command cards are activated when he's first activated, but this isn't true. You're right -- you do have to play them one at a time.

In regards to the 3-copy command card limit, I've actually never thought of that. I would initially assume you would still be under that limitation even with the tent in your army, but we might need an official ruling on that one.

I'm posting it to the Rules Guys in the Contact Us link, I'll post their responce here when it arrives.

For the lucky guys who have the Ilian extension, I've few questions :

1. Do the Karak Command Tent has a rank which is counted in the army selection ? If yes, which one ?
  2. What are the command icons of the Ice Golem, the Cursed Legionnaire and Undead Legionnaire ?

And another for the very lucky guys who have the Bloody Sword promo card :

1. What is the rank of this promo card for Alakhaï ?
  2. Can you scan it and post it on this forum ? If not possible you can e-mail it (my mailbox is visible in my profile). gran_risa.gif

Thanks,

Hey Coral,

Both the Golem of Ice and The Bloody Sword card are silvers, and Karak's command tent is a gold. I don't know about the Legionnaires... haven't gotten those in yet.

I don't have a scanner (and don't know how the legal stuff with that would work), but here are the stats of The Bloody Sword:

The Bloody Sword - Unique

3 Algeroth icons, silver, no buyback

Play after Alakhai the Cunning has damaged an enemy unit. Attach this card to Alakhai the Cunning's reference card.

While The Bloody Sword is attached, Alakhai the Cunning gains 2 yellow (heavy melee) dice while attacking.

Yup, the bloody Sword is just brutal... Easier to play than Golgotha's necrotech upgrade (which needs three actions to be put in play), and makes Alakhai even more lethal, for more Chaos Force goodness... It doesn't have the defensive edge of necrotech upgrade, though, so Alakhai will become an even bigger target once he has equipped his Bloody Sword.

I know the Cursed legionnaire and Undead Legionnaire are Silver and Bronze respectively. But I miss their command icons. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Ok here's the offical word form the FFG boys. Mostly we all came to the right conclusions, but here it is anyways in case of nay sayers.

Original Questions:

Karak

Karak comes with 4 cards that are limited to one per army and are only playable on him, Guardian Spirit, Dark Discipline, Shadow Cloak and Void Walker.

Limit 1 per army. Play when you activate Karak the Keeper. Attach this card to Karak the Keeper's unit reference card. If Karak the Keeper is destroyed, discard this card from play.

Since the card's them selves are command cards, they are played one at a time on my turn when I activate him, right? Someone was telling me that they all go on him when he is activated. So now I'm not sure.

Karak's Command Tent

Ok I understand the rule of "three of the same card limit" for an army's play deck. It sounds like though from the text on the Tent's stat card that you can have more than the three card limit because the Tent is kind of its own hand. Does that sound right?

"At the beginning of the game, you may attach 1 Gold, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze (Ilian) command card from your collection, face down, to this Karak's Command Tent reference card. You may look at and play these cards as if they were in you hand."

The other reason I came to my conclusion is my set came with 4 Soul Possession command cards. So did I get too many cards or what?

Answers

1) There is a limit of 1 command card per turn. So the first time you activate him, you can play 1 command card, next round, when you activate him again, you could attach a different card, and so forth.

2) Yes, the tent allows you to play with extra copies of cards that are not counted against your army building limits, including the 3x any card rule.

Nate French
Fantasy Flight Games

Thanks Nate!

Thanks for communicating Nate's answer, Cyborgtrucker ! And thanks to Nate for his answers !

Cyborgtrucker said:

2) Yes, the tent allows you to play with extra copies of cards that are not counted against your army building limits, including the 3x any card rule.

I suppose cards under the Tent still cost one slot of the appropriate rank, against you army building limits...

Nah, cards in the tent are all extra, and don't count against your army. That's the real power of the tent.

nullstate said:

Nah, cards in the tent are all extra, and don't count against your army. That's the real power of the tent.

really? are you sure?

I wonder why not taking it always (if I was already including at least 1 gold card)? I will take the tent instead of the card, and get a free silver and bronze card with no penality.
(of course I have to play Ilian as it's a unique).

Gabbi said:

I wonder why not taking it always (if I was already including at least 1 gold card)? I will take the tent instead of the card, and get a free silver and bronze card with no penality.
(of course I have to play Ilian as it's a unique).

Exactly, that's why it's such a useful gold slot. But it's not like this doesn't come with a drawback -- if the tent is destroyed, all three cards are lost.

plus it give opponett vps where a gold CC doesn't.