Anyone interested in seeing the Party Request thread brought over?

By Thundercles, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

New site is shiny. This is good

Everyone has to reregister. This is not so good.

Basically, I'd have to start the party request thread from scratch, and I don't know if just being friends with people will show you where they live, making the original thread a little, um, redundant. Is there a place for the party request thread in this shiny new world?

The best way to do this (For me) Is a google map and some pm (But there is no Pm on this site...)

Someone interested in a goole map where I will localise (Not the house but the city) of descent fans?

Anything would help.

If you want, I can make a new one that will be up to date (Because I'm sure that there is alot of player on this one that do not play descent anymore) and when there will be PM on this site, it will be easy to make Party request!

Do you think it could be a great idea?

I think it's a very good idea, especially since making the whole thing a google map would match the shinyness of the new ffg site. We might want to wait a week or so until the site is a little less under construction, in case they make some changes to profiles, pm's, etc. Also, it would give everyone a chance to move forums.

What would be the best way to collect data for such a map? I'm thinking new thread with everyone re-posting their locations, but maybe, if no one changes their user id's, I could just do most of the legwork by looking everyone up in the new forum. Thoughts?

I was thinking to do the same thing I made in the French forum:

I create a new topic with a google map link in the first message. And people wo want to be on the map post their location and when I pass on the forum, I add them to the map!

Sounds excellent, and saves me hella work. Go for it, you crazy francophone you.

I hope that my english is not too catastrophic angel.gif

Can't be any worse than some of the people here, myself included happy.gif

Why? There is many non-english people here? lengua.gif