Carnodon Pattern Precision Hand Cannon

By arkantheblack, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hi, reading the descripton on the Carnodon Pattern Precision Hand Cannon (IH 115) i does not say anything special about using it.

And there i no mention of it in the errata

The normal Hand Cannon, and the Tranter both have rules sayin, use it as a basic weapon, or have at least a strengh bonus of 4 to use i like a pistol.

So my question is. can you use the Carnodon like a pistol with no restrictions?

If there is another thread on the matter, just post at link...

arkantheblack said:

Hi, reading the descripton on the Carnodon Pattern Precision Hand Cannon (IH 115) i does not say anything special about using it.

And there i no mention of it in the errata

The normal Hand Cannon, and the Tranter both have rules sayin, use it as a basic weapon, or have at least a strengh bonus of 4 to use i like a pistol.

So my question is. can you use the Carnodon like a pistol with no restrictions?

If there is another thread on the matter, just post at link...

The Carnodon is considered to be a Hand Cannon (Carnodon Pattern Precision Hand Cannon ) and thus all rules for generic Hand Cannons apply. This is one of the reasons why our groups Assassin double wields Fate Bringers instead of Carnodons (as the former are considered to be Stub Revolvers/Pistols instead of Hand Cannons)). The same is true for the Minerva Aegis being a (more powerful) Las Carbine with all the same generic Las Carbine rules.

Im not sure I agree that the description for the "generic" handcannon in the DH core book (specifically the text concerning -10 to BS if not using 2 hands) should apply to all handcannons in all books. I hate the idea of a single line of text for a single weapon being treated as a canon rule for the rest of the game, especially when that text isn't supported (re-written/re-stated) in the descriptions of other handcannons in any of the following books.

However, having said that, these weapons are called hand "cannons" for a reason and common sense would suggest that these powerful weapons would need 2 hands.

Anyhow, this is all moot with the use of a set of recoil gloves (pg 147 DH core book).

Thank for the feedback, the discussion continues offline... But i reckon it will fall under the Hand Cannon rules...