Need Desert Fox?

By Blastpop, in Tide of Iron

Do you need the Desert Fox expansion to use Normandy?

I'm not really interested in the Desert Battles that much.

If you can use Normandy without the Desert Fox expansion is it fully usable, or is it limited because you need some of its components for Normandy?

Thanks!

blastpop said:

Do you need the Desert Fox expansion to use Normandy?

I would have to count the British infantrymen in Normandy to be absolutely sure, but I think you can use Normandy without Days of tthe Fox.

But without Days of the Fox, you are missing out on the less-than-top British tanks from the mid-war era and, more importantly, the AT guns and the respective rules.

happy.gif

Not necessarily, however you will end up without bedford vans and bren guns, which are listed for the epic looking operation goodwood scenario - i havnt got DOF either and will have to use the US carriers and trucks I guess. On on of the other scenarios you will be short a couple of elite troops as well (trucks I understand, but would 3 more elite soldiers have gone amiss??).

None of the normandy scenarios use the anti tank guns, and none of the new secenaios from the new hardcover use Normandy rules. Saying that, I like the British Figures now I have them, would rather play them than US troops given the option! MY only gripe - No churchill models. A couple of these would have been much better than the panthers in DOF, since they are included in Normandy as well.

I may have to buy a couple of 12mm metal curchills and sherman fireflys, just to give a bit of variety (one of the Normandy scenarios has the shrman firefly stats in)