Time for a new place of Talisman Talk

By Brando2, in Talisman

So other than the fact that Talisman officially has a page on FFG we also have a new board to discuss things on. What does everyone think?

I got the first post on this, crazy!

I like the look of it will probably buy it. The reaper expansion looks good too.

I like the look of it will probably buy it. The reaper expansion looks good too.

Its pretty awesome. These forums are much easier to navigate through. At least thats what I think. Looking forward to playing some Talisman.

I like the look of the new forums, but no custom avatars makes me a sad Panda!

Is this like Descent? Never heard of Talisman before... noob, I know... haha aplauso.gif

It is not like Talisman has been around long, just the last 25 years ...

As for the new website ... Hate it.

• No custom Avatars

• Does not work correctly with either Firefox nor Safari

No Preview and you Cannot go back to edit posts (Welcome back in time to Yahoo Groups circa 1998)

• Loss of previous posts (You can still get them - for a short while HERE - , but the formatting is incompatible)

• Hard to read Light Grey lettering on a Dark Grey background,

How are you haveing problems with Firefox and Safari, Malechi? FFG is a Mac company, so we use both of those browsers 97% of the time.

There are some problems, but they're pretty much universal, and our programmers are working on fixing stuff this weekend.

Just bought the Black Industries version of Talisman 4th Edition. My wife, kids, and I play it all the time. I can't wait for the upgrade kit and Reaper expansion to go on sale. I would recommend the game to everyone.

Malechi said:

Oooh. nice! Checked it out on wikipedia, and yup, not like Descent. An old GW boardgame with FFG doing the 4th edition sounds awesome. Def. need to check this one out! happy.gif

Malechi said:

• No custom Avatars

No Preview and you Cannot go back to edit posts (Welcome back in time to Yahoo Groups circa 1998)

• Loss of previous posts (You can still get them - for a short while HERE - , but the formatting is incompatible)

• Hard to read Light Grey lettering on a Dark Grey background ,

I couldnt of said it better myself - My vote.................. Oh man *HORRIBLE*

433 said:

How are you haveing problems with Firefox and Safari, Malechi? FFG is a Mac company, so we use both of those browsers 97% of the time.

There are some problems, but they're pretty much universal, and our programmers are working on fixing stuff this weekend.

The only thing I have noticed is that the Firefox spellchacker dosent seem to recognise text entered into the Forums, although that is by no means an uncommon issue.

Looks fine,I have 3rd Edition Talisman (plastic fif edition)so I never bothered

looking into 4th.but I may pull the game out & give it a play.It had several expansions,

I have them all but can't think what they are now.its been that long since I played.

OD

Malechi said:

433 said:

More specifically, the auto Spell Check . Safari and Firefox display words that are misspelled (such as the word Firefox), but when you click on the word to get suggested spelling the forum code over rides Safari and Firefox and places options for "Cut, Copy or Paste" . Which, in this day and age, is completely useless to anyone who has used a computer for longer than a week.

Still have to get into Talisman 4th edition but id does look highly promising. Still, I prefer the 2nd edition board artwork though ;) I wonder if it will be hard to keep using the old board... have a lot of spaces changed?

I thank you for your time

Lord Gorthuar de Veris

Cult of Nagash

Not a lot changed from 2nd Edition to 4th Edition, but there have been a few refinements with the Revised 4th Edition. It won't be long now before everyone can check out the new printing - it's all very exciting really with that and The Reaper coming up...

talismanisland said:

Not a lot changed from 2nd Edition to 4th Edition

Well, all our 2nd edition fan material is graphically outdated. llorando.gif

But I guess I have to live with that. Time will tell if I ever might upgrade all my expansions to 4th edition.

http://www.randomdice.com/games/talisman/

True enough, though it should be easy enough to get templates sorted, though it might be an idea to wait and see what FFG have in prospect.

Malechi said:

• No custom Avatars

• Hard to read Light Grey lettering on a Dark Grey background,

Wahfest to the max.

Revised version of Talisman by FFG...AWESOME...
I have known about Talisman for some time, but never bought thank to some disappointed reviews. But now, FFG is enought guarantee for me, that game will be as good as the others I like... I will buy as soon as it arrives to my country. Unfortunately it can lasts really long...

talismanisland said:

Not a lot changed from 2nd Edition to 4th Edition, but there have been a few refinements with the Revised 4th Edition. It won't be long now before everyone can check out the new printing - it's all very exciting really with that and The Reaper coming up...

Cheers, thanks for the info (: Will definitely look into the Reaper thing...

Been a fan of Talisman for a long time, and got really excited when the 4th edition came out. Sadly it had tons of issues that resultet in a massive FAQ and Errata, hopefully FFG have sorted all those out in their version. Definatly grabbing the upgrade pack and expansion as soon as humanly possible :)

As for the forum .. looks good, but seems horribly slow!

I've had my 2nd edtion for years and picked up the BI 4th edition right away. Now I have a standing order at my local game store to purchase any new expansions that come down the line. I can't get enough.

I think its great to be playing Talisman in the digital age. Before I picked up the 4th edition I hadnt played in 10 years. Save for the small group of friends that I played with, I didnt know anyone else who had played let alone heard of Talisman. Now with message boards and all this internet jazz its kind of nice that I can talk about Talisman with others who appreciate the game as much as if not more than I do.

gatefold313 said:

I think its great to be playing Talisman in the digital age. Before I picked up the 4th edition I hadnt played in 10 years. Save for the small group of friends that I played with, I didnt know anyone else who had played let alone heard of Talisman. Now with message boards and all this internet jazz its kind of nice that I can talk about Talisman with others who appreciate the game as much as if not more than I do.

I'm with you, gatefold313. I may have been the only one in town who had a copy 2nd Ed. Until I got to univiersity, most people had never heard of it. After university, again it got harder to find people to play (and if I did, then, again, I was the only one to ever owned a copy). Because of "all this internet jazz," I'm looking forward to all kinds of discussion about the game that opened the door to my life-long, love affair with games.