A question of goals

By plebeianmaw, in Battles of Westeros

In the "clash on the Kings road" scenario, the victory condition is that the lannisters must control both objectives at the end of round five.

Now, I'm assuming that the stark tokens on the field are the 'objectives'. How do the become 'controlled'? Does the lanni player have to 'capture' them by getting units on top of them at some point before round 5's end? Or, does the lanni player have to have units on the tokens at the end of round 5?

Where is this clarified?

You need to have a control marker on each of the positions by the end of turn 5.

Control is established by having a unit on an objective location at the end of any turn. So for example, if a Lannister unit establishes control over a position previously held by the Starks, the Stark control marker is replaced with a Lannister control marker. After control over an objective point is established, maintaining control is not dependent on having a unit occupying the space.

Thus it is possible for the Lannister player in Clash on the Kingsroad to capture an objective location at the end of a turn prior to turn 5 and move off the location on a subsequent turn and still maintain control (although you would want to be extremely certain that the Stark player couldn't move a unit on to that space and capture that location uncontested).

Thank you. That was very helpful.

Yeah, that was helpful. We played it wrong tonight by having me (as Lannister) win at the end of round 2 when I occupied both spaces. My wife was understandably frustrated and felt like she had no recourse. I went back and read the scenario and the Lannisters have to have it at the end of ROUND 5. Heh.

Still, though, where in the rulebook are you getting the stuff about establishing control over a victory objective? I can't find it anywhere.

Hans Chung-Otterson said:

Still, though, where in the rulebook are you getting the stuff about establishing control over a victory objective? I can't find it anywhere.

Frustratingly enough, it's not in the rulebook - it's in the scenario guide, on one of the first two pages. Took me a while to find it...

First of all you can only have 1 unit in a hex

You can take control of the objective if at the end of turn you have an unit standing in the hex that have the Control marker

Then, you replace the star control marker for a lannister control marker

The enemy can then retake you control marker if he, by the end of turn, have a unit standing on the hex that was controled by you

Should read Stark Control and not Star Control (sorry)