Pre-painted edition PLUS two new tanks for pre-order....

By johnwiser, in Dust Tactics

In case you have not seen this yet here is the link to the page of the Deluxe Edition of Dust Tactics (which if you order will be shipped Sept. 15th), not only that BUT two tanks that you purchase (either pre-painted or unpainted). The link is:

http://www.dust-tactics.com/products.php?nid=2

While I really do like the pre-painted versions, I do not know if my wallet can keep up with the cost. Here is a breakdown of the cost:

$350 (that covers shipping as well) for the Deluxe Edition

$80 X2 for the Deluxe Edition tanks

Making it come out to $510.

$100 for the Regular Edition

$55 X2 for Regular Edition tanks

Bringing it to $210

I ask myself if the Deluxe Edition is worth the extra $300 and for me, personally, I can not say that it is (however let me play a few games and play a few more with friends and then ask me again). But as of right now, I think the Deluxe Edition is going to be put on hold and I will do the smart thing and invest in the Regular Edition until I can say this is my game and I am ready to fully support it (then you will see me jumping on board with the Deluxe Edition...and finding another job to support this habit called gaming)...

Not good news for buyers in the UK. If you wanted to buy all that was on offer it will cost circa £450 or very close to $700. The reason for this being the extra shipping cost plus tax imposed for importing the game into the UK, which is taken buy the Post Office before they will give you the goods. Really FFG & the Dust team have made quite a huge mistake not allocating a distributor in Europe. I even asked the guy a Leisure Games in Finchley, London if he could get the Deluxe sets and he took the time to contact the source and came back with not the answer I was hoping for, basically none of the Deluxe sets will be exported to UK retailers. Leisure Games is a very well known games shop & if they cannot get them I doubt anyone can. The extra cost is seriously making me consider buying a standard set instead of the Deluxe version which was not my intention :(

The site mentions that international shipping is free. I believe Paolo Parente's shop is based in Hong Kong. Although the premium set is still $300, the two tanks is listed at $65 each, making a grand total of $430. The Jugdluther seems to be a different post or variant of the one in the starter set and therefore you may not need to have it. There is no mentioning that the two tanks are limited editions and therefore you don't need to buy all of them right away. For a professional quality of hand-painting, I think that prices are fair, though not cheap.

At the time of writing this post, there are only 5 premium edition box left. This is the first patch with reasonable QC. It will be gone soon. If you want to get it afterward, you'll have to wait for the second patch which only happens if there is enough orders to fill.

I would like to go ahead and purchase the Deluxe Edition but to many factors come into play here for me to make such a purchase. But have no fear because I am going to be more than happy to purchase the Regular Edition when it becomes ready. What I am a little worried about is that IF you purchase the regular version of these two tanks, you have to put them together yourself (now all I can hope is that they are not that hard to put together). Hmmm, here is to hoping that these tanks are easy as eating pie to put together...

I hope that we see this game soon as I am hearing it will not be released until sometime from Oct.-Dec. (which I for one hope for Oct. then Dec.). I love me some Tannhauser (and always will) but "Dust Tactics" looks to be a game that will turn some heads and have more play around my area. But then again, when am I worried about who likes what and how well it catches on? If I enjoy a game, play it.

I know that I may ask myself why I did not go ahead on the Deluxe Edition of this game but for me, it really comes down to the "what if" then the cost. As I was asked, "What If" you are not able to purchase further Deluxe Editions and/or they stop making the Deluxe Editions? It would drive me mad to have some great pre-painted sets and then some other Regular Edition sets. That and for what I will be saving on the cost of Regular Editions to Deluxe Editions, I will be able to purchase other great board games (something about putting all of my eggs in one basket).

No matter what Edition of the game you pick, I for one, hope that we see allot of releases for "Dust Tactics" and it is a game that we will be speaking of for some time to come (in a good way that is)...

FFR has already made the anouncement that Dust Tactics wil be set to ship at or near the end of September 2010.

It is everyone's concern whether the premium edition will continue because not that many people will cough up $300 for a game. On the other hand, the start set alone is a complete game. If the game turns out to be popular, I am sure that more people will be interested in having a Premium set. If not, you can still play the game. Afterall, the premium set is meant to be a collection more than for regular play.

Wildger, Thank you for clearing up the release date. I was at my local gaming store just last week and asked about this game and they told me it is being released by FFG so do not look for this to be ready until Oct.-Dec. Sounds to me that they may have been burned on release dates of past...

I see "Dust Tactics" getting allot of play not only with me and my friends but with my girlfriend and her family as well. We play games together and they seem to always enjoy seeing what new game(s) I bring and I think "Dust Tactics" will fit in well with them all.

I hope that those who get the Deluxe Edition enjoy it as it looks like a real treat to behold. As for the rest of us, I can not speak for you but I know I am looking forward to playing this and enjoying it with fellow gamers.

Oh ****, I think I just might be a little too late for this.

Is there any other place where you can still order the deluxe edition? It seems out of stock.

sad.gif

Foligatto said:

Oh ****, I think I just might be a little too late for this.

Is there any other place where you can still order the deluxe edition? It seems out of stock.

sad.gif

Unfortunately, not at this time. I believe that the initial patch is only 50. Of which 21 were sent to FFG for GenCon and a few are reserved for other conventions. The rest were gone over the long weekend. You don't want the second batch to be produced too fast because QC is a hugh issue in China.

When is the next batch shipping?

the jagdluther is indeed a variant, one of the planned expansions/add ons. I got mine from www.dust-tactics.com and love it. it comes with its own card for use in the game and is tough. it's point value is 10, the ones in the box set are only 4!

Are these limited run also, im abit reluctant as i know if i get one ill want to get everything they release pro painted and probably need to remorgage :)

But they do look pretty!!!