To Search or Not To Search...Is it worth it?

By player377182, in DungeonQuest

With the sun ever-ticking away and searching chambers being often more dangerous than rewarding, is it worth searching a room (besides for the flavor aspect) if you're not looking for a secret door or catacomb entrance?

Thoughts?

Roy Batty said:

With the sun ever-ticking away and searching chambers being often more dangerous than rewarding, is it worth searching a room (besides for the flavor aspect) if you're not looking for a secret door or catacomb entrance?

Thoughts?

I dunno lol - so much is so left to chance in this game... :) There are just as many bad things in the search deck as the encounter deck as far as I know... We could add up and find the best probabilities for which type of event (search, encounter, etc) is most dangerous... BUT - I personally don't want to know. :)

I prefer the mystery. :)

I search when the game dictates that I need to. If I feel some more loot might be handy or a door to another chamber to get me closer the treasure room or out of the dungeon.

BillStivers said:

I search when the game dictates that I need to. If I feel some more loot might be handy or a door to another chamber to get me closer the treasure room or out of the dungeon.

Yeah - essentially I do the same... I have been known to search the last room out of the dungeon a couple times before I exit - pending my current treasure situation. :)