Exiting the Catacombs - A question

By Abyssus Angelus, in DungeonQuest

Hey all,

Was curious to see if anybody out there used house rules that involve placing a catacombs entrance marker when a hero exits the dreaded catacombs. I couldn't find clarification in the rulebook as it seems a hero just 'appears' on a tile when exiting the catacombs. The only time an entrance marker is placed is when a hero enters the catacombs (from my understanding). Makes sense it is done this way since it is called an 'entrance' marker.

My real question is, "If a hero exits the catacombs, can another hero go to that tile and enter the catacombs (or the same hero re-enter later)?"

Thanks for any input and feedback!

When you place a catacomb marker from drawing a "passage down" card - that entrance stays on that tile and any hero can access the catacombs through that entrance - the exception being in a "cave-in" tile. Only the hero who pulled that card and entered in that tile can access that entrance - as the rules state "(Exception: If a Hero draws a "Passage Down” on a Cave-in chamber, he may still enter the Catacombs, but he does not place a catacomb entrance marker on the chamber, regardless of whether he enters the Catacombs or not, as the cave-in has filled in the entrance).

There is nothing to indicate (at least at quick glance) that you place another entrance when you exit... allowing another hero to enter where you exited.

Thanks Soylent for the response. I knew about the placement when going in, just wasn't sure about coming out. I think I'll just keep playing the way it was intended and not place the markers when exiting and only when entering as you detailed.

Again, thank you for the response:)

No problem! Glad to help!

And as sidenote, to further the point, the catacomb markers are a FIXED resource...only 6 of them. So by placing them on exits, you'd be halving your available markes, which I don't think is intended.

-Dimzer