I was just about to buy this game...should I wait for FFG's?

By Kalidor, in Arcana

My gut tells me that I should just wait on FFG's release.

Just in case they alter anything, add bonus/exclusive cards, etc.

And perhaps for compatibility's sake...

What do the experts think?

I am no expert but I do own the AEG version.

The AEG version has some very nice linen finish cards but the rulebook that came with it is difficult to get through. AEG rather promptly corrected this with a free PDF download of the refined rules.

I wouldn't expect there to be any promos/FFG exclusive content or really anything new other than maybe the revised rules included. I beleive that they would be remiss in not including those.

I would be frankly surprised if they did anything new other than rules revision and add the FFG logo in place of AEG's. There is simply no reason to do anything more than that.

Yeah, I was about to place an order for the AEG version this week. Now I'm not sure if I should.

Thanks for the reply...I am still not sure what to do, lol!

I'd love to hear from someone official regarding any differences in the releases...

I had gotten this before I even knew FFG was getting it and releasing it. Are two companies releasing the same game, or is it a Europe/US thing, or what's up with it? I too would like to know if there are going to be differences between the two.

two properties taken over by FFG from AEG... wow...

not surprised, but at the same time maybe just maybe AEG will get on the ball and put info on PHASE...

both games are not changed what so ever so dont expect anything, youll be recieving the exact same game reguardless of what the box's outside says.

i do remember seeing adverts for Red November in my copy of Mad Zeppelin...