The Complete 2nd Spanish League is now UP.

By Weyoun, in Arkham Horror League

Ok, it took me a while, but I've finally uploaded all 10 scenarios from the 2nd Edge Entertainment League to boardgamegeek.

I also fixed a couple of my previous translations (when I suddenly realised I'd been writing "portal" instead of "gate" preocupado.gif ) and uploaded them once again.

So enjoy!

Guillermo.

www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/56583/scenario-1-the-tree-on-the-hill

Thanks a lot for all the time and effort!

It's very appreciated!

Hello. First off, thank you for your work translating the league to english. But I have a question. I downloaded the first scenario, but it is in .eon format. How can I view these files? I tried doing a Google search, but it actually wasn't any help at all. Everything I've read seems to be that no one knows! :) Any help would be appreciated!

Weyoun said:

Ok, it took me a while, but I've finally uploaded all 10 scenarios from the 2nd Edge Entertainment League to boardgamegeek.

I also fixed a couple of my previous translations (when I suddenly realised I'd been writing "portal" instead of "gate" preocupado.gif ) and uploaded them once again.

So enjoy!

Guillermo.

www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/56583/scenario-1-the-tree-on-the-hill

By the way, in Scenario 10 (Twilight in Arkham), i can't open Cthulhu.eon. I have a Java Null Pointer Exception. Would you mind checking that file or reposting it? Thanks a lot.

Hi! I've just downloaded the file you've mentioned and I had no trouble opening it.

I did have some issues with java using Strange Eons in the past, and solved them by downloading a new version of that program. Have you tried that? Let me know.

I'm using Strange Eons 2.1 alpha 13, as i know, it's the last one. No new update.

I think my Java is up to date too. I tried to download 2 more times the file and had always the same problem. Unzip, ok. Opening the scenario, ok. Opening Chtulhu, nope. :/

Okey, since uploading anything to boardgamegeek takes a long time, I've exported the eon file you need to PNG and uploaded it somewhere else.

Here's the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1DFGJRRA

Weyoun said:

Okey, since uploading anything to boardgamegeek takes a long time, I've exported the eon file you need to PNG and uploaded it somewhere else.

Here's the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1DFGJRRA

Thanks a lot. I got it.

Thanks for your efforts on this.
More stuff to add to my long list of print jobs :)

Thank you for posting everything :') now that I know it's there I might check it out sometime this weekend.

Weyoun said:

I did have some issues with java using Strange Eons in the past, and solved them by downloading a new version of that program. Have you tried that? Let me know.

I had the same problems has Hugues with the latest version of SE. Maybe you're using a plug-in/extension that we don't have. What is your list of plug-ins?

Hugues said:

By the way, in Scenario 10 (Twilight in Arkham), i can't open Cthulhu.eon. I have a Java Null Pointer Exception. Would you mind checking that file or reposting it? Thanks a lot.

I just noticed, I have the opposite problem:

I can open Cthulhu.eon just fine but I cannot open the scenario. I get the following error message (translated from German):

'Unable to load image file for "Key-"cgj/large-scen/back.jp2"'

Note the odd placement of the double quotes ('"'). This is using the last stable release of Strange Eons (2.00.0).

After downloading the latest Alpha release of Strange Eons (2.01.13), I also get the Java Null-Pointer Exception for Cthulhu.eon and the scenario still fails to load with the error I mentioned above.

Edit: The download page for the original scenarios includes the following download link for Strange Eons: cgjennings.ca/eons/download/wip/strange-eons-win-b2632.exe Unfortunately the link is dead.

I also realized something else: I receive the same error when opening Koth of Hyboria_b.eon from scenario 6. I only realized that there should be a second scenario when skimming over the Spanish page. I *think* the problem may be that these scenarios have an oversized format.

Edit2: Okay, it's working. After downloading almost all of the plugins, I've been able to load and print the scenarios. Now back to play cool.gif

I just received an e-mail form Chris Jennings :

When I added the ability to create split gates I accidentally broke the ability to read some older gate files. This will be fixed in the next release.

I may have missed the FAQ, but are we restricted to the game rules & cards defined by the set(s) used in each scenario? For example, Injury and Madness cards, Personal Stories, etc. are not available in the first scenario (which is Arkham only)?

Aeaea said:

I may have missed the FAQ, but are we restricted to the game rules & cards defined by the set(s) used in each scenario? For example, Injury and Madness cards, Personal Stories, etc. are not available in the first scenario (which is Arkham only)?

Should I use Kingsport as a whole (board, contacts, items, monsters, rifts) when playing Scenarios 3 and 4 of the 2nd Spanish League?

That is correct. All Kingsport in including Epic Battle cards in case the Ancient One awakens, and in Scenario 3 you may choose to put Hypnos in play.

Firstly, thankyou very much for your efforts in translating these scenarios for those of us who unfortunately do not understand Spanish to enjoy.

I have some questions though, regarding Scenario 6: I may be missing something, but there doesn't appear to be an overarching story card for Scenario 6 to explain exactly what the specific objective is?

Thanks!

Hi! Scenario 6 is particulary HUGE, so it does have two sheets explaining its objective. You might be experiencing trouble opening the second of these, the file named "Koth of Hyboria_b". If that's the case, you should get the latest Strange Eons version and download the "Large Format Scenarios" plugin... I believe that should do it!

I honestly don't know how I missed that. I would have been willing to swear that I had opened every one of those files individually, after downloading the latest beta version of Strange Eons. I guess I was just suffering from a silly moment.

No harm done I suppose, thanks again for translating these!