Q; Secret Doors

By player377182, in DungeonQuest

If a secret door is found - can that player move BACK (or back and forth) through that same secret door-- In other words is it now a permanent dungeon fixture or a one use one way, doorwway?

Thnx

D

And yet a second Secret Door Q:

So Broth G is backtracking after encountering a portcullis he couldn't budge he steps back into a fourway dungeon tile - pulls a card and gets secret door.

Of the 4 intersection paths only one is available for laying a tile (the one above is the room he just came from the other two are touching the outer walls).

The tile he pulls will result in a dead end (three walls with one entrance/exit only). Now since this is a secret door does he still have to use the placement arrow on the tile when placing this new tile on the map?

Thnx!

1. I haven't been able to find a rule that back this up. However seeing that there are no official tokens for showing where a secret door is, my only conclusion to this would be that it's a temporary one-way. If it would be permanent I believe there would be a rule that mentions it with the mentioned tokens to clarify the new passage, or somehow the new passage was burned into the tile itself as a new high technology feature of the new generation of board games. :)

Example Insight: How did you connect a 4-way to two of the Dragonfire Castle's outer wall? :-)

2. You must place the tile with the arrow from where you came from if you venture into an unexplored area, because of:

"When a Hero moves into an unexplored space, [...] The chamber must be placed so that the entry arrow is adjacent to the chamber the Hero moved from." Page 8, Moving into an unexplored space

One was along the wall - the other was connected to a tower space.

Hey guys.

New to the forums, as well as the game.

I too am wondering if the the secret door is a one time, one way event.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Ex

A Secret Door is only a one use doorway. It is discarded once it has been revealed, whether used or not!

ELL.

One time use. Can't escape back to previous tile(if there is no passage between the tiles). Arrow must point from where char entered from.