should i get this game

By shadow?, in DungeonQuest

about 3 months ago i got runebound, now i'm looking for another game. One that wont take longer than 2 hours to play after setup, one whith a better board perhaps, some more categories of cards, one not so serious whereas you can laugh and socialize, maybe some cool looking dice (runebounds wherent bad but got old pretty fast) and not to complicated like (runebound was fine in terms of complication.) its either this game (dungeonquest) or talisman. Also i dont like games where you need expansions to enjoy the game for at least within two weeks of just the regular game set which im afriad might happen after i buy talisman if i do.

so dungeonquest or talisman

please help

DungeonQuest definitely takes less than 2 hours to finish (sometimes 10 minutes). I managed to win once without even getting near the Treasure Chamber in the middle of the board because the two other opponents died and I had a 30 gold treasure, so I went back to the exit and won the game.

I hated DQ's combat system. It's too confusing and complicated for what it does. It takes you away from the flow of the game (you draw cards, you place cards, for what reason? the game is too **** random to justify an "innovative" combat system). There were infinite variations of possible combat system any of these would have worked better. But that's probably only me.

Yeah, I thought that the combat system takes you away from the game as it reminds me of paper, sciccor and stones.

I would have preferred a simple dice action although the combat system.

I like DQ as it is a challenge but find each deck, no matter the quantity can contain just 4-5 different cards which may make people think its a little repetative.

I have found that the swinging blade (sorry cant think of the name) the pain if playing a low luck character as the card should basically read 'Bad news I'm afraid...you are dead!' which means the end of a trip into D. Dungeon...haha!

Overall it is not one of my favs but up there.

I Have Both Games, Talisman can take a long time to play depending on how many are playing but it is a very good game. However, Dungeon quest is another very good game but the diffrence is that you can play it solo, and as a group. There are a lot of ways to get yourself killed, One of my friends managed to die after only 4 rooms ! Game play can be as short as 20mins or 1hr 30 mins, it all depends on what you encounter. It can be a very fast paced game and you only have 30-35 rounds to get in, pillage, and get out, or it's death by dragon!!

Hope this helps,

Questor

I have no experience with Talisman, but I absolutely love this game. It's easy to set up, and it's easy to teach to people who haven't played it before. I think it's a great party game, but you can also play it by yourself and have a good time. I've heard some people complain about how easy it is to die, but I think the survival aspect is one of the best parts. I laugh my head off every time I play this game. I like aspects of the combat, which amounts to a simplified version of the combat mechanics used in Middle-Earth Quest (for anyone who has played that game), but I agree with many others that the combat does slow things down a bit. Fortunately, there are variants available if you want to keep the pace flowing at a faster rate.

And I have to ask, since no one has, why the last post has a user "Unknown" and in the topics list it says the user is "Fantasy Flight Games?"

Anyone? Is this really someone from FFG?

Maybe, maybe not.

JCHendee said:

And I have to ask, since no one has, why the last post has a user "Unknown" and in the topics list it says the user is "Fantasy Flight Games?"

Anyone? Is this really someone from FFG?

It's someone who got banned. That happens to the person's posts when they get kicked, I think.

A certain notorious troll was once banned from the forums, and all his comments changed to username, "Unknown." Likewise, all his threads got changed to "FantasyFlightGames."

He has re-registered under new names and has come back only to behave the same way, and presumably has gotten banned again.

Additionally, I have reason to believe that the user above, Admin , is an impostor (that same banned user, specifically). So if I'm right, Admin might become "Unknown" soon.

See this thread, over at the Arkham forums:
www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

Got it... I sort of guess it was a spoofer of some kind, but the "unknown" threw me.