I demand a reprint

By ClanNatioy2, in Runebound

Runebound is quickly becoming one of my favorite games and there are only 3 packs of cards I can not locate. They are the terrors of the tombs, the dark forest and artifacts and allies.

Does anyone know if ffg is planning a reprint? or if they will ever do a reprint of the runebound card packs? I am really enjoying this game and it will bug me to no end if I won't be able to get every expansion and card packs (except for the midnight expansion, I'm not too crazy about that one).

There is nothing Runebound related on the upcoming page so I don't think FFG plans a reprint in the near future.

Those out of print expansion packs still float around at ebay, amazon market place or board game retailers throughout Europe. They don't even fetch collector's prices (yet), the shipping can be pricey though.

TheKingOfBlades said:

Runebound is quickly becoming one of my favorite games and there are only 3 packs of cards I can not locate. They are the terrors of the tombs, the dark forest and artifacts and allies.

I don't know where you are in the world, but a little while back I bought a copy of Artifacts and Allies at http://www.ancientwonders.net/ , Tualitin, Oregon, USA. You might pick in their online catalog. If you find the other two mentioned, I'd like to know about them as well. Cheers, JC

Now I have all the Challenge card packs and Item card packs that I can get. I really need these last three. Reprint reprint reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeprint

If you run across the Dark Forest, let me know. I've been hunting that one based on its description, but the best price I've found online is $90+.

JCHendee said:

If you run across the Dark Forest, let me know. I've been hunting that one based on its description, but the best price I've found online is $90+.

I'm having the same trouble. I've found both terror of the tombs and the dark forest on amazon.com but they were going for $91 each.

l am a great fan of Runebound and l am missing the same 3 expansions.

alboy said:

l am a great fan of Runebound and l am missing the same 3 expansions.

I'm pretty new to runebound so I've been waiting for long at all. I was curious as to how long you have been waiting for the reprint

www.ready2play.eu has some of those decks you seek. I have no idea about the prices of international shippings (and if they do it at all).

Cynewulf said:

www.ready2play.eu has some of those decks you seek. I have no idea about the prices of international shippings (and if they do it at all).

I wouldn't try buying from this site. The Dark Forest was added to their catalog in 2008 and yet no description has ever been added. If I'm reading it correctly (as their translation buttons don't actually work and several online translators say they cannot access the page), it is temporarily out of stock in their warehouse on back order... which is impossible.

At this point, I'd guess it is unlikely that FFG will issue a reprint on these. They've been out of print for some time, and as much as those of us here would like a reprint, that's probably not enough demand to do so profitably.

JCHendee said:

At this point, I'd guess it is unlikely that FFG will issue a reprint on these. They've been out of print for some time, and as much as those of us here would like a reprint, that's probably not enough demand to do so profitably.

Noooooo!!! I hope this isn't true. I'm really enjoying Runebound and I want to be able to get all the expansions for it. Plus it will drive me crazy to have a game and not own all the expansions for it.

I just saw on ffg's upcoming page that the base Runebound game is being reprinted. I don't know how long that's been there but It gives me a little more hope that ffg will reprint the various out of stock mini deck expansions

JCHendee said:

I wouldn't try buying from this site. The Dark Forest was added to their catalog in 2008 and yet no description has ever been added. If I'm reading it correctly (as their translation buttons don't actually work and several online translators say they cannot access the page), it is temporarily out of stock in their warehouse on back order... which is impossible.

I know the owners of the web store personally and they are reliable folks. As far as I can see they have Dark Forest in stock (the availability-meter has some green in it) and it's the english version (UK flag). Most of their entries haven't a descritpion because even if they are doing good (it's the cheaper web store in Italy) it's still a family run business.

Go it. Is there a price you know of somewhere that we can convert to other currency for an estimate of cost?

JCHendee said:

Go it. Is there a price you know of somewhere that we can convert to other currency for an estimate of cost?

I didn't understand your question. And I must also apologize because I just checked more accurately and they don't ship to US (they do ship to UK, tho).

Hey all,

Just today I noticed many of the Runebound card expansion packs on ebay for good prices. Several from France and many from the US.

Including some of the ones mentioned as hard to get in this forum like Dark Forest and Terrors of the Tomb .

What is interesting is that I found items on ebay.ca that did not show on ebay.com.

ebay.ca Runbeound expansions

So check it out and I hope you find what you're looking for!!

Sent a query to the DF seller in Canada (maybe France) to see what the shipping will be. Overall, it seems a shockingly good price. Thanks for the clue, H99!

Just got by "Dark Forest" from that dealer in France. Box was a little ages, but the cards were still shrink wrapped and in mint condition! Now on to the search for those other out of print small boxes.

Whao!! I did not know that all of us Runebound fanatics had something in common and that is we are missing 3 card expansion packs.

It really is hard to come by, i have been waiting to get these last 3 for quite a while now. Hopefully i can complete the collection and not miss out on some of the games richness. When is FFG going to reprint, i am sure Runebound is quite popular or at least one of the more popular games.

Just got into this game and would like to see FFG bring it back as well. Fingers crossed.

Well, considering that the OP was from over 3 years ago...you may be holding your breath for a long time.

If FFG does resurrect this, I'm guessing it will be a 3rd edition.

I can get a new copy for under 60CAD...

I think i'm gonna grab it while it's there and enjoy the game until a 3rd edition comes out...if it's ever coming out :P

****, it wasn't in stock...i'm sad :P

Edited by SolennelBern

NIce to see there are a few people still wanting / playing this game, though likely not enough for a reprint. It has been a while since I stopped in here.

Edited by JCHendee

This game looks really interesting. Would certainly want to have a release of complete package with core game + all big & small expansions. Now Fantasy Flight Games, put up a Kickstarter to accomplish a shiny Complete Edition.

This is one game set I would like to own, however it looks doubtful unless I'm willing to part with a silly amount of cash on a private sale. Totally agree with batanen on putting up a kickstarter, it would be a great idea. Come on FFG, get on it ;)

Edited by Raff85