Release Date (Why do we have to wait this long?)

By High Elves 77, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

Just looked at upcoming releases on the website...Lord of the Rings is slated for winter 2010. I thought it was orginally fall. I WANT THE PRECIOUS NOW!!!

P.S.-Oh well, it'll at least give my pocketbook a break.

It will be a looong way to Mirkwood ..... llorando.gif

So....Feb '11 then.

High Elves 77 said:

Just looked at upcoming releases on the website...Lord of the Rings is slated for winter 2010. I thought it was orginally fall. I WANT THE PRECIOUS NOW!!!

Agreed.

But if it does come out late, say November or early December, it will make a nice Christmas gift. :)

I certainly hope when they say winter it means December...it would make a great Christmas gift.

I'm a bit afraid it will be January/February :(

I'm afraid you are right.

Are we just speculating or did you hear some news...?

Lets be positive :)

It says Winter 2010. But we know Winter does not end until Feb/march 2011. They are being tricksies yes? Precious?

Then it would say Winter 2011.

Toqtamish said:

Then it would say Winter 2011.

partido_risa.gif

? Whats so funny, ? if release date was 2011 it would say 2011.

It's never that easy where games publishers are concerned even when it would drive up more interest to have a release date.

Depending on how FFG defines each "season," it is entirely possible that Winter 2010 would extend into January 2011. Winter 2010 could mean: part of Q4 2010 and a portion of Q1 2011. In the past, FFG has been a tad loose with the term, so there is no way of knowing until its in an online card store.

2011?!?! Tell me you are kidding!!!

No way, I hope this game will be out in maximum two-three months from now on. The anticipation for this game is absolutely excruciating!

Not even an update for a couple of weeks now! What's happening?!!

corazon_roto.gif

The_Big_Show said:

It's never that easy where games publishers are concerned even when it would drive up more interest to have a release date.

[/quote

I agree. Look at Space Hulk. Originally it was slated for Summer 2010. Now were looking at Fall 2010 'till the freekin' game is released! Stinks!

Then again, interpretation of summer is kinda loose as well. WWE has its Summerslam in August, doesn't really seem like summer anymore at that time. Also, the Finnish version (as well as the Spanish I think) were available at the end of August, so one could argue that it did come out during summer. Still waiting on the English version though in most parts, some stores do have it (based on BGG threads).