Who will be there?

By Sluggonics, in Arkham Nights

This is a post for people who are going to Arkham Nights, just to get an idea of how many forum regulars will be attending. I'll be making the trip all the way from Indiana. Just about on the cusp of how far I'm willing to drive for an extended weekend. bostezo.gif

Ill be attending. And im flying in from vancouver Canada. Beat that someone

Hello. My name is Kriz (also know as tehKriz), and I am a Lovecraft addict.

Hope to see you guys there! I look forward to 3 days of awesomeness and meeting new people :)

I am planning to go, and I am carting my roommate Nick and possibly my other roommate Gerald with me to Roseville. We have never been to Minnesota before and we would be trekking up there from Kenosha, Wisconsin. They both really want to see the event center, as do I. I've been saying for months, "We should go there, it would be so cool!" and nothing ever came of it. When I found out about Arkham Nights, I knew I at least had to go, but I didn't want to make the trek alone. Nick offered to accompany me on the trip and we'll be staying at the Radisson (I called and made the reservation this morning). I am hoping while we are there to also check out Minneapolis as it appears to be only a few minutes away and I'd like to add another major city to my list of visited places. Any of you that live in the area let me know any cool or interesting places that I should see! Feel free to PM me or send me a message on MSN if you wanna talk.

A little about my buddies/roommates... Nick is more into the Warhammer Invasion LCG and various Fantasy Flight board games. Gerald is more into A Game of Thrones LCG (he plans on attending Days of Ice and Fire in November and I may go with him). He also is an avid board game collector. Both love to play Arkham Horror and Gerald made a deck for CoC out of my cards.

Now that I've talked about everyone but me, I'll give the skinny on myself.

I love all things Cthulhu and having CoC the LCG come into my life was pretty rad. I have been collecting decks and introducing new people to the game since last year. I would like to start a league at our local game store (Rockhead's) but I don't want it to turn into some huge competitive thing (which is what I think at least one person wants). I want anyone who wants to join to have a good time, maybe win some cool things and just love to play the game. I am not a very competitive person and I am sure my skill at playing CoC is novice level, but in the end, I don't care, I have fun playing the game. I have a difficult time building decks, but I am trying to get better at it. I currently play a Miskatonic/Agency deck.

I own the base set for Arkham Horror and have played it once. It's hard for our group to get together to play games due to everyone's crazy schedule, but I enjoyed the game immensely.

The tl;dr of this is: love Cthulhu and Lovecraftian anything and will be in Roseville investigating with the best of 'em :)

<3,

Kriz

P.S. @JesseOlivier: Do you like The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets? I know they are from your neck of the woods and full of wonderful Lovecraftian goodness.

I'll also be excited to see the Event Center. There are not many places in Indianapolis with good gaming spaces. The closest thing I get to something like the Fantasy Flight Event Center here is Fantasy Flight's excellent booth at Gen Con every year.

I'm reading my copy of the Necronomicon ( www.amazon.com/Necronomicon-Weird-Tales-Lovecraft-Gollancz/dp/0575081570/ref=sr_1_2 ) right now, to brush up on my Lovecraft lore.

I'll be there. I've just recently discovered the Event Center and have been there a few times with my son to play some games and see what everyone else is playing. I haven't played any Cthulhu themed games until I recently bought the LCG. Looking forward to learning Arkham Horror.

tehKriz said:

Hello. My name is Kriz (also know as tehKriz), and I am a Lovecraft addict.

Hope to see you guys there! I look forward to 3 days of awesomeness and meeting new people :)

I am planning to go, and I am carting my roommate Nick and possibly my other roommate Gerald with me to Roseville. We have never been to Minnesota before and we would be trekking up there from Kenosha, Wisconsin. They both really want to see the event center, as do I. I've been saying for months, "We should go there, it would be so cool!" and nothing ever came of it. When I found out about Arkham Nights, I knew I at least had to go, but I didn't want to make the trek alone. Nick offered to accompany me on the trip and we'll be staying at the Radisson (I called and made the reservation this morning). I am hoping while we are there to also check out Minneapolis as it appears to be only a few minutes away and I'd like to add another major city to my list of visited places. Any of you that live in the area let me know any cool or interesting places that I should see! Feel free to PM me or send me a message on MSN if you wanna talk.

A little about my buddies/roommates... Nick is more into the Warhammer Invasion LCG and various Fantasy Flight board games. Gerald is more into A Game of Thrones LCG (he plans on attending Days of Ice and Fire in November and I may go with him). He also is an avid board game collector. Both love to play Arkham Horror and Gerald made a deck for CoC out of my cards.

Now that I've talked about everyone but me, I'll give the skinny on myself.

I love all things Cthulhu and having CoC the LCG come into my life was pretty rad. I have been collecting decks and introducing new people to the game since last year. I would like to start a league at our local game store (Rockhead's) but I don't want it to turn into some huge competitive thing (which is what I think at least one person wants). I want anyone who wants to join to have a good time, maybe win some cool things and just love to play the game. I am not a very competitive person and I am sure my skill at playing CoC is novice level, but in the end, I don't care, I have fun playing the game. I have a difficult time building decks, but I am trying to get better at it. I currently play a Miskatonic/Agency deck.

I own the base set for Arkham Horror and have played it once. It's hard for our group to get together to play games due to everyone's crazy schedule, but I enjoyed the game immensely.

The tl;dr of this is: love Cthulhu and Lovecraftian anything and will be in Roseville investigating with the best of 'em :

<3,

Kriz

P.S. @JesseOlivier: Do you like The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets? I know they are from your neck of the woods and full of wonderful Lovecraftian goodness.

its funny cause it is like a block from my moms house yet i was out of town for a bit so didnt check it out

Katja and I will be there. We are locals so the trek is minimal, but I think I would travel a couple hundred miles to go to this one.

I just hope it is worth the $25 cover charge. gui%C3%B1o.gif

(yes, I realize that some people are going to be spending several hundred dollars in order to attend. I am just rubbing salt in the wound that we live close enough to sleep in our own beds when we are done there) lengua.gif

Hellfury said:

Katja and I will be there. We are locals so the trek is minimal, but I think I would travel a couple hundred miles to go to this one.

I just hope it is worth the $25 cover charge. gui%C3%B1o.gif

(yes, I realize that some people are going to be spending several hundred dollars in order to attend. I am just rubbing salt in the wound that we live close enough to sleep in our own beds when we are done there) lengua.gif

You may get to sleep in your own beds, but how do you feel about someone sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor (probably in a different room)? I can't find anyone to travel the 800 miles with me and split the costs with, but maybe if I could find somewhere close to stay just to sleep, or anybody that wants another roommate to split the room cost with. So if anyone has anything for me, send me a message.

My wife and I are planning on being their Friday and Sunday (we have to run our store on Saturday up in Cambridge, about an hour north of the Events Center). There's a good chance a bunch of our regulars will show up as well. Hopefully we'll play games with other people besides ourselves.

I'm debating whether I want to go or not. Normally I'd be there for sure, but it also happens to be the same weekend as Blizzcon, so I'm tempted to stay home and watch the live stream instead. Probably also depends on if I can find someone to split hotel room cost with.

I will be there and between 2 and 3 of my friends as well. We are from Delaware, so its a 22 hour drive (before stops). Its gonna be quite the road trip but it will be a nice mini-vacation during the semester and such is our love for Arkham Horror (and all the wonderful things they are giving away).

Im really thinking about attending, but im curious as to what goes on? I dont play the LCG so is it still worth coming? I'd love to play AH with some new friends but will i be able to get into games easy?

I'm not a forum regular, but I'm going. There are 4 or 5 of us driving down from Winnipeg, MB. Most of us are avid Arkham Horror players, one is just a fan of Cthulhu mythos in general. Really hoping to get a glimpse of Mansions of Madness.

We've also never tried the LCG before and are hoping to learn about that while we're there.

We will not, however, be in any kind of costume. :)

Not sure that I qualify as a regular, but I will be there. Rough drive about 7 miles south from my house. No seriously the road construction between here and there is lousy. cool.gif

Hmm between what I hear on BGG and here on this forum, I kind of hope that FFG opened up the other side of the event center like they did 'back in the olden days' when the event center first opened up.

Might need that extra play space that is being used for office space right now. FFG may have attendance that exceeds their opening day numbers. It might be why FFG are so eager for customers to pre-register so that they can gauge if they need to reopen that section of the building again or not.

I'll be there, flying from Montreal. I wasn't able to convince any of my friends to go so I'll be alone.

I really can't bring my games so I hope finding players (and copies) will be easy enough.

Well, I have officially registered now, but may only be there on Friday night. My wife will only make it if she doesn't have to cover the store on Friday, so she won't register except at the door. We're playing it by ear, but our own game store has to come before this kind of stuff.

Hopefully you will both be there. But its understandable that work comes first. The 'joys' of owning your own business.... serio.gif

I'll be there sporting a Dr. West costume! I can't wait for this to hit!