GenCon Video >> A Small But Vicious Seminar Now Posted!

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

For all the fans of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay who weren’t able to join me for our Small But Vicious Seminar at GenCon for themselves, I'd like to thank the media department for filming and posting this four-part video series.

In the Small But Vicious Seminar , I discuss the current WFRP release schedule, as well as answer questions about the upcoming hardcover books and component vaults. Apologies for any audio difficulties -- this seminar was taped immediately after my third consecutive day talking 8-9 hours straight in the cavernous GenCon exhibitor hall. Fortunately, my voice recovered fairly well from Thursday & Friday. By Saturday, when this seminar was filmed, it sounds like my voice dropped an octave deeper, but hopefully still understandable.

Thanks to all who attended the seminar, sat in on a demo, or even just stopped by the booth to say hello. This was an incredible GenCon, and I'm glad I was able to share my enthusiasm for WFRP with some of my fellow gamers.

Great seminar, thank you for getting it up on YouTube so quickly. It answered a lot of my questions about the Guides and Vaults. Very excited to see creature cards!

Big HUGE thank you to FFG and Jay for making these available. I think this answers a lot of the questions folks had about how the product was going to be sold/developed going forward.

Thanks for posting it. It made a whole lot clear and made me very giddy about all the stuff that's coming out.

Just have one more question though. Exactly how many players can be added with one Player Vault? Everyone here on the boards seem to think just one, but from the seminar I got the impression it could be more, though it was never explicitly said.

Jay - thatnk for posting this and sharing with us your knowledge! This one bring anwsers to mayn important questions. Now I can tell that I'm in 100% sure I will buy everything. After looking at all this I'm know that it's worth really all the money. Now I can only hope that many of those great titles will be soon avaliable. gran_risa.gif

And to Sudden Real - I think that Players Vault could support 3 players like the core set. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Great, can't wait for the goods gran_risa.gif

And, did I overheard, or Jay said on video 2 (around 1:40-1:50), that Signs of Faith will be available shortly after GenCon??

How short is "shortly"? I'm asking just to know, how much food and water should I take with me, while I start to camp at my LGS door babeo.gif

at Sunatet - I hope shortly means september and it would be avaliable with The Edge Og Night. That would be super.

Nice. One more question though: how much background information will the Guides contain? It was mentioned in sifting shadows, that the GM's Guide contains information about religion and magic, but what about the Empire and the Old World?

Ravenheart87 said:

Nice. One more question though: how much background information will the Guides contain? It was mentioned in sifting shadows, that the GM's Guide contains information about religion and magic, but what about the Empire and the Old World?

I think it will be the same as the info from Core Set + Winds Of Magic + Signs Of Faith. So not much about teh Empire it self and Old World. remeber this is a reprint of the info from previous books. There's nothing new it those like Jay said, so it will be the same knowledge.

I don't think they will include everything from the Wom and SoF, and I don't want anything new of course, but some basic would be welcome, and some maps, since for someone, this will be the entry point/basic set for WFRP3.

A few additional comments and clarifications on the new format, addressing some information that was not clear in my Small But Vicious Seminar video.

Q: How many players are supported by the Player Vault?

A: The Player Vault includes the player-focused components from the popular WFRP Core Set this includes three sets of basic actions, stance pieces, tracking tokens, as well as the standups, sheets, and ability cards for all 30 original careers, and the corresponding actions.

Q: What content from Winds of Magic and Signs of Faith appear in the Player Guide and Game Master Guide?

A: The new careers, actions, and player-focused content from these products (as well as the Adventurer's Toolkit) is re-printed for convenient lookup in the Player Guide. The rules for corruption and mutation (first found in Winds of Magic) and disease (from Signs of Faith) are in the Game Master's Guide. The background information, creature flavour and background, adventure, and other content is not duplicated in either Guide.

Also, while the careers, talents, and other components from Winds of Magic and Signs of Faith are listed in charts and layout in the Player Guide, these components are not part of the Player Vault those cards, sheets, and punchboard are available in Winds of Magic and Signs of Faith.

Q: What "new material" is there in the Player Guide?

A: There are no new rules or new content, per se. Rather, the Player Guide features updated organization, streamlined rules, more sidebars and diagrams, more examples of play, and a robust index. The goal is to make the rules easier to read and find, and the game easier to play. The Player Guide also addresses some common questions and integrates updates from the FAQ and Errata.

nevermind - Jay just answered it!

Jay,

Thank you very much for posting the seminar.

My question is this: Will I have to buy the players vault to get updated versions of action cards that have been "fixed" since I bought the core set as soon as it was available?

Sorry if this has already been answered and I missed it.

Thanks a lot for the update, Jay!

ynnen said:

A: The Player Vault includes the player-focused components from the popular WFRP Core Set this includes three sets of basic actions, stance pieces, tracking tokens, as well as the standups, sheets, and ability cards for all 30 original careers, and the corresponding actions.

Excellent! This is better than most of us thought it would be – yay for the three player basic action support! aplauso.gif

ynnen said:

Also, while the careers, talents, and other components from Winds of Magic and Signs of Faith are listed in charts and layout in the Player Guide, these components are not part of the Player Vault those cards, sheets, and punchboard are available in Winds of Magic and Signs of Faith.

This will certainly address the concerns that the new Guide-Vault combination will devalue the supplements and things that people have already bought. This way it is clear that buying the supplements gets you more (and also more than just the adventures and “fluff”. The Player Vault in particular seems to be more or less an extract of the Core Set.

Now we will see in how far this will spark another raging debate with different (maybe even new?!?) protagonists gran_risa.gif

Thank you very much from France, M. Jay Little. I really appreciate your dedication for warhammer 3rd edition. So do more than 10 players from games I run. Your team is doing a great job.

ynnen said:

Great, had a feeling it would be like this.

Keep up the good work.

Excellent seminar and good humor from both Jay and Mr Noosepicker.

Jay, I'm impressed.

I'm genuinely looking forward to the upcoming products you guys are getting ready to put out.

It's taken some time to get the ball rolling, but you guys are building up a GOOD head of steam.

I hope you keep it going.

Thanks

It looks like everybody is getting more and more excited about the new products. So, could someone update the upcoming section with those new titles that are going to be released this year? And when are we going to see the Edge Of Night and Signs Of Faith?