Team make up

By Batei, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

If this game is a deck building game, I wonder how building race specific games will work? Most of the games I ever played were based around someone fielding a human only, a dark elf only, orc and goblin only, etc. Warhammer Invasion seems to do this, but it is a LCG game.

I assume there are generic cards (block, dogde, etc.) and race specific cards. I don't think that it is possible to mix races.

It would be nice if they returned to the original blood bowl style of mixed teams , were you pick the player(race) for the position.Lots of fun..

My guess is that teams will have similar stats for offense and defense, and that managers will hire/bid for star players that modify the basic team stats. I can also see some random event cards that would also modify game play. Star players would only be allowed to play for certain races

But I imagine individual games between two teams will be determined rather abstractly, with nowhere near the tactical detail of the Blood Bowl minis game that takes around two hours to play. This would especially make sense if the game is designed to play through a whole season in one play session.

Of course, this is mere speculation on my part...

It would seem to be too complex if you had cards for every player on your team. Since the game will consist of you playing several matches against various teams, cards will most likely modify your overall team stats instead of individual players. This should also allow for the more abstract dirty tricks as well.

I think that playing as either the Skaven or Dark Elves would be great.