Why not a LCG?

By FMalakai2, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

I've read the BB will be a probably one-box only game.

Why not make it become a LCG?

I think that it will be fantastic to have new releases every two-three months to improve your players rooster and so on.

I know that a LCG would be a costly investment for FFG, but with the extreme number of fanatics of BB worldwide, could you imagine how many players will go absolutely crazy for a LCG like this???

Just my honest opinion...

If each game was a blood bowl game, LCG would probably be a good format. But this game said each game would be an entire season of blood bowl, so I think a different system is better.

Although, I'd end up buying a Blood Bowl LCG if there was one.

I assume there will be some sort of board for a blood bowl match and a lot of tokens for bookkeeping.

After you have this "board game infrastructure" it's easy to expand this game only with new cards, teams, etc.

So in the end this is some sort of LCG.

Since none of my roommates or wife are interested in the tabletop game, I will enjoy greatly the chance to make them play this. If it is a one box only game, I do kind of hope that there will still be a chance for expansions. I have very high hopes for this game.

I could see FFG doing expanisons for this game like they do for their other board games (Tide of Iron, Tanhausser, etc.). From the press release, it appears that they have only covered 5 or 6 different teams, while in the board game they cover somewhere between 10-12 teams. I could see them coming out with exapnsions, at least one to cover the other teams, so cheer up!

There are 23 teams in the latest Blood Bowl rulebook and only 6 in this new game... I think we'll have some extensions later...

Yes, that would be a fair guess. There would have to be later expansions to eventually include all the races in the game

I'm sure if this game is successful, there will be expansions. But the LCG format is linked to the CCG concept: that is, players build their decks from the cards they've collected, and they play the game with those decks. Since this is a self-contained game, of which drafting is an element, I don't think it really fits with the concept of an LCG.

Personally, I'm glad it's not an LCG, simply because I couldn't afford to keep up with another one. A base game and an expansion every three months (ala Dominion)? I'm down. A core set (which probably needs to be bought in multiples) and a chapter pack every month with deluxe expansions every three months? I don't have the strength.

But hot diggity, I'm excited for this game.

I am still happy that this is not an LCG. I like the idea of LCGs, but sometimes I prefer games that don't require me to buy new parts every other week.

I was under the impression that Blood Bowl was going to be a deck building game? Maybe with an added twist and a few tokens as the original Blood Bowl is like a boardgame itself.

Give me Skaven thats all I want lol. Expansion or not

Tracker said:

Give me Skaven thats all I want lol. Expansion or not

Skaven are one of the 6 "factions" listed as playable.

Though with 24 races available in the boardgame they simply have to add some more somehow...

I had the same thought: why is an expressed card game listed here under board games? And I have the same high expectations after Blood Bowl. I think FFG might be testing it for interest, and then switch it to LCG if it is expanded on.

Is there any update on the realease of BB Team Manger?

No. Nothing.

To be honest I think we will not see this game on our tables before christmas 2011.

Frank6 said:

No. Nothing.

To be honest I think we will not see this game on our tables before christmas 2011.

I can't wait anymore... F-F-G W-E N-E-E-D N-E-W-S!!!

Agreed, we need some news even if it's that the game is delayed and a new projected time of release. Is it going to be this year sometime??

Soooooooooooo disappointed that there is no word on this...

...I am sad

To get back to the original topic. I'd rather it not be an LCG. A card game with possible expansions (which could happen with Space Hulk Death Angel) would be the way to go.

I, too had heard it was going to be a Dominion style deck building game-which sounds fun. Either way I pretty much trust FFG-by and large, their stuff has been good.

I too am really excited by this news!

I would be an easy customer who would buy the initial set in a heart-beat. I could also, easily see each race become a print-on-demand set of expansions; much like Death Angel is right now.

So, here is to crossing my fingers and hoping for a release, or at least some sort of additional news. :)

I can't help but think that maybe they are working on a way to make this an LCG possibly. I really don't care either way as I really don't mind the LCG format too much, but I do know that I am still excited for this game. I do hope it makes an appearance eventually. I never got into the minis game but I have played a lot of the computer version and I think a card game/deck building game could be a lot of fun.

I also have faith in the two designers for making some great games in the past.