Influencing Advisors During a Productive Season

By Wanderer999, in Kingsburg

I have been playing Kingsburg for a long time now, using the base set. But recently I bought the expansion To Forge A Realm, and there was a building that made me realize I have all along been playing wrongly!!!

What I had always been doing:

1) All players roll their 3 dice, and any bonus dice from Fairy or Farm etc.

2) The players total the dice up and arrange their order accordingly.

3) Round One - Each player combines TWO dice to influence an advisor, starting from the smallest numbered player. If there was a bonus die, he may add this bonus to the TWO dice to make it THREE dice.

4) Round Two - Each player takes their remaining third die to influence an advisor, starting from the smallest numbered player. If there was a bonus die and it was not used in Round One, he may add this bonus to the ONE die to make it TWO dice.

Now the expansion has a building that mentioned: During a productive season, if you influence AT LEAST THREE ADVISORS blah blah blah...

Does this mean that the REAL gameplay is that players can use ANY amount of their dice during Round One, and then ANY remaining amount again during Round Two and so on until all have used their dice or are blocked?

Example: I rolled 3 dice at 1,3,6. I had another bonus die at 3. During my turn, can I just place ONE die of the value 6? And can I instead choose to use all FOUR dice and get to influence an advisor at 13?

Yes; when influencing your advisors, you can use a single die, two dice, or all three colored dice to influence them.

Thank you sockpuppet! But does this also mean that you can use all your dice all DIFFERENT advisors in one single turn? Or can you only influence ONE advisor once per turn, and if you wish to influence another, you'd have to wait for your next turn after the rest have placed their dice?

Wanderer999 said:

Thank you sockpuppet! But does this also mean that you can use all your dice all DIFFERENT advisors in one single turn? Or can you only influence ONE advisor once per turn, and if you wish to influence another, you'd have to wait for your next turn after the rest have placed their dice?

You influence one advisor on your turn. Then after everyone else has influenced an advisor (or chooses not to because they cannot), if you still have any colored dice left, you can influence another advisor that has not already been taken, and everyone else does the same in turn order.

Just a reminder that white dice can not influence an advisor alone, but must be combined with a colored die.

Great game!

The same goes for the +2 tokens, which also cannot be placed by themselves or with just a white die. Also, just a reminder, a player may have multiple +2 tokens that have been acquired but can use only ONE token per productive season .