How long til support page?

By Curator, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

The contest for team names is cool but are there any pics of the components?

Curator said:

The contest for team names is cool but are there any pics of the components?

Second! I'd like to learn more about how the game plays out as well.

And even though it is said to be a stand-alone game, I suspect we'll get expansions, just not monthly like with an LCG.

Thirded...

Is that a word? Well...you get the idea.

I want *more*

Yeees. Give us the support page.

OK, I've waited three weeks...How many of you have entered team names for the mysterious send FFG your email and keep updated about the game "thingy" they announced with the first (and only) news release on this game?

I've yet to be contacted by FFG to let me know what my fabulous first-place entry has earned me...perhaps a bronzed jock strap once worn by the Mighty Zug...

*See, this is what happens when fans are left starving for info after being teased with a news item on a great-sounding new game you're forced to contemplate winning a half-ogre's codpiece...Please hurry with more news!

I agree. It's strange how they "support" this game demonio.gif

How long for the support page?"

At least one more day, apparently...

Free crab tomorrow!

One word: LAME

No news since 04 August 2010 llorando.gif

Come on FFG, that's not funny bostezo.gif

Perhaps if we all stop looking and sneak up on it slowly...

OK, I broke down and sent an email to FFG Customer Service today. Mr. Peterson or one of his representatives should be contacting me shortly... gran_risa.gif

Torbal said:

OK, I broke down and sent an email to FFG Customer Service today. Mr. Peterson or one of his representatives should be contacting me shortly... gran_risa.gif

Any news Torbal ?

I think FFG is just waiting to finish up Gears of War and then they are going to work on Bloodbowl. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Frank6 said:

Torbal said:

Any news Torbal ?

Nope, no news. I may have to cancel my $1,000 FFG order in protest !!

[This would be the order that I WOULD place if I had the funds rather than a mortgage payment and wife to support....]

Torbal said:

Nope, no news. I may have to cancel my $1,000 FFG order in protest !!

This would be the order that I WOULD place if I had the funds rather than a mortgage payment and wife to support....]

partido_risa.gif

Now 10 days since I emailed FFG, and still no response...maybe I should email Thaad, she knows how to get things done.... happy.gif

Maybe they must wait until the new PC-game is released ?

PC-art = boardgame-art ?

Whine, whimper, no email response yet from FFG, no news...woe is me, woe is all of us...

New PC-Game is released in Europe today, sadly no news from FFG llorando.gif

No ne-aaahhh, forget it.

I won't say it...sigh...

Given FFG's lack of info on this game and the Lord of The Rings LCG, despite stating here that updates were forthcoming [it has been about two months since FFG said the next LOTR update would be "next week"], you have to wonder whose job it is to post the game info here on the FFG site, and if that person has anyone checking on them a supervisor or boss. It is obvious that FFG gives a very low priority to following up with its fan base here when they make statements about pending news releases then we are greeted with silence.

We seem to be more patient here with FFG than people are over on other sites, such as Boardgamegeek.

In my job if I tell a customer I'll have something ready for them tomorrow or next week then ignore them for two months, I won't have a job after those two months. In fact, I would lose it long before then. And my (ex-)customer would be fully justified in seeking elsewhere for what they want, and never coming back to my business.

OK, rant off now. It's been a long week and very long day...and a little news tidbit about Blood Bowl: Team Manager would have given me a bit of spring back in my step,,,whimper, whimper...

According to the spanish site of Edge Entertainment the release-date of Lord of the Rings LCG is april 2011 ...

... and Blood Bowl: Team Manager not even has a support page ....

... according to FFG-site release date of BB is Winter 2010/2011 ... maybe December 2011 gran_risa.gif

Heh, yeah. I was rather surprised to see that release date when I looked through the upcommings. With so little info, I can hardly imagine it being out at that point.

OK, Blood Bowl is no longer on the Front Page.

What does this mean ? The end of the "Give the team a name - competition" ? News for us ?

It might have alot to do with Games Workshop. I'm excited about seeing what this game is about, especially if it follows the formula of Dominion and Thunderstone. Might be interesting.

Working with GW must be a huge pain the rear.