Can't wait to see previews at Gen Con.

By Curator, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

Okay, I spoke to Nate French a bit about the format and also card distribution.

The base game comes with 4 "preconstructed decks" and three quests. The quests have a Shadow pack that goes with them and so when you pick your quest cards, you use the pack for each of the 3 cards to build the shadow deck.

The preconstructed decks have singles, so 3 base sets will be required for a full playset, but the packs will be all 3 ofs, like the rest of the LCGs now.

Also, the shadow cards have symbols that are associated with the quests like a Spider or Orc and you will be able to mix in later Spider cards to the shadow deck when facing a spider quest.

For competitive play, Nate said they were leaning towards what I assumed. There would be a new quest you have never seen before at the event. Build what you hope is the best deck, show up and get a quest assigned and go at it. The quests would also be prizes to be reprinted later, but special for that event. I like that a lot. It is a elegant way to add story to the game.

That's it for now. I haven't re-demoed so it's all I've got.

Chevee

I want to go to there. This will be great.

Just back from GenCon..preview of this was strange at first, but the co-op idea was very cool. There were a few hang ups that even the demo people

had struggled with. I liked the concept and prolly would try to see where this goes.