Stage of Developement

By Xiayose, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

I've looked over the upcoming page and can't find this, so what stage of development do you think it is at, and when do you think we might expect release?

Just slated as fall release so far.

Ah, missed that in the announcement, thanks!

A few months ago I read an article in Game Trade magazine stating that there would be a huge announcement about an upcoming LCG to be released later this year. My best guess is this is that to which they referred.

Fall begins on September 21st and ends on December 21st. I imagine FFG wants this game out before the holidays to boost their 4th quarter sales. My hunch is that we're looking at a late October/mid November release.

dbeman said:

My hunch is that we're looking at a late October/mid November release.

Gah! The whole "waiting for the precious!" drama has to be among the worst things in all of gaming. I don't think I'm very good at waiting.

It Must Be Mine!

This will be the first hobby game I've ever picked-up at launch!

Will the cards be printed with first edition icons? Is this something FFG has done in the past? Sorry - I'm the new guy....

Better set some money aside....

Core sets are all the same and don't have different printing editions.

Just to keep you posted:

I checked the upcoming page today and it says winter '10 . Let's hope we can have it for the long and cold evenings...

Anyhow I will have to wait longer until I can get it in Germany... :-(

The cards I saw at GenCon looked polished and finalized. The artwork was great and the cards had "DEMO" watermarked on them; the cards were of high quality cardstock, appearing as though they were manufactured at a printer's facility.

The only thing I didn't see from the final product was the final tokens and the final rulebook. The final tokens were imaged in the demo rulebook. And the rulebook at the demo tables was a copier printed version.

I imagine that the tokens, boxes, and rulebook are all at the printers for final production. And I imagine the final version of some of the cards is already done as well, based on what I know of how the TCG industry works and how early proofs need to be at the printer's facility.

From there, it is just a matter of the printer/manufacturer meeting dates on time and shipping.

I'd wager we'll see the game sooner, rather than later... but that's just a guess based on what I have seen thus far.

CrowOfPyke said:

I'd wager we'll see the game sooner, rather than later... but that's just a guess based on what I have seen thus far.

aplauso.gif

My bet/guess, last week of November or first few weeks of December. Perfect time for Christmas present purchases. Though its really a question of card approvals, production issues, and other licensing issues. Here's hoping!

I will badger the guys at FFG next time I see them to see if I can get any info. My guess is that we'll see it before Christmas. gran_risa.gif

I'm hoping october, christmas is too far away.