4 Character Portraits

By torquemadaza, in Fan Art

hey guys

thought i'd share the first two portraits from the rogue trader game I am playing in.
There are 4 PCs: A Rogue Trader called Poise. Her Seneschal, Sarvus. An explorator, Fortunus and myself the Navigator, Occulus.
EDIT: See below for all the artwork. I've relinked all the images to my flickr account.
Poise took 10 hrs (not including image sourcing). Occulus about 4hrs. Sarvus about 6hrs and Fortunis a whopping 20hrs.
The original background plate I used for them comes from the TV show The Tudors.
Original background plates for Occulus http://www.hansmatheson.org/tudors/cranmerpromolge.jpg )
The PC playing Poise was very precise (sent many screenshots) of fashion, shoes, colours, hairstyles, textures and nicole kidman to include for her character. It was actually a really nice tight brief. Occulus is my character so I just made it up as I went along. I'll be doing the other two in the course of the week. It was really fun.

Very nice, especially the Rogue Trader *wolf whistles* gui%C3%B1o.gif lengua.gif

Can't wait to see more!

And here is the third, Sarvus, the Seneschal.

sarvus.jpg

torquemadaza said:

And here is the third, Sarvus, the Seneschal.

Whilst nicely done, I think the bridge might be a touch much. The labret , on the other hand, seems appropriate.

-=Brother Praetus=-

The player didn't like the heavy shoulder pad. So this is the final approved portrait for Sarvus the Seneschal.

sarvus_final.jpg

Very cool happy.gif It might just be my eyes though, but the shape of the dataslate is off, one side is angled a lot more than the other side, which makes it look a bit wonky.

yes, you are quite correct. it can be angled a little wider at the top to minimise the false perspective its causing. good eye mate.

Cheers, just thought it looked slightly off. Otherwise, like I said, bang up work mate, you've made some brilliant stuff.

Very nice art. I might use one or two of them in my campaign if you don't mind. Keep up the great work.

aplauso.gif Great work.

Thanks for sharing them. I love the name Poise btw - does she have a family name?

From the player: "The Albaviscum Rogue Trader family name has always belonged to the House of Jade."

(The House of Jade is a coalition of families - hence her jade comet jewelry.)

These are exceptional ! I reckon the rogue traders would track you throughout the expanse to get you to make their portraits as well!

Great job and congratulations to you!

Do you have other related artwork? I would be very interested to see more.

Cheers

Thanks for the kind words.

I have a campaign site for my dark heresy game which isn't nearly as polished as these over here , but it serves as a bit of a rogue's gallery to help my players and me keep track of who's who in the game. I find that dark heresy games generally have a lot of NPCs, each with their own intrigues. I print out the portraits and give them to the players as they meet them. The players prejudge the NPC on what they see in the picture, which I can then manipulate to my own desires. Then they attach memories and incidences to the picture of the NPC and that makes my job a lot easier when trying to remind everyone where they were last week and who they were speaking to. I do try to change the NPC voice slightly or apply a mannerism and then the picture reminds me of what I want to portray. So its a win win. :)

I have one more portrait to do in this style for the current group. An explorator. Just need some me time to get it done.

I've relinked all the images through to my flickr page. Here are the 4 final character portraits for Poise, the Rogue Trader; Occulus, the Navigator; Sarvus, the Seneschal and lastly Fortunis, the Explorator.

5016598624_926c6e55ac_b.jpg

5016598024_8206c6496a_b.jpg

5015992511_6b0a6e1f69_b.jpg

5015993009_e2dca48a76_b.jpg

I've also created a small movie that shows Fortunis' portrait being made here: vimeo link

Those portraits are made of awesome.

thanks man. i am very proud of them and will continue to create cool character portraits from found imagery across the net (and in my camera too hopefully one day).

Love the new pic. Keep 'em coming. aplauso.gif aplauso.gif gui%C3%B1o.gif

Wow. Just wow. Those lighting effects on the explorator are simply awesome! sorpresa.gif

These are really well done. I love Poise's cat-thing.

Occulus' right arm seems a bit oddly positioned though, and also appears to be missing a finger.

Certainly some of the best image mods (or whatever you want to call them) I've seen :) Lots of attention to detail such as making sure the lighting and such matched.

Superb work. Pardon me while I wolf-whistle at Poise.

Cheers,

- V.

Love them. Any more of those?

Alex

Wow.

Just wow.

These portraits are amazing. I will use them for my upcoming RT game.

these are awesome indeed!

Hi all.

If you haven't already seen my other portraits in the Dark Heresy section, head on over to here . I've done 5 new characters: an Imperial Psyker, an Adept, an Arbitrator, an Adeptus Sororitas and a Scum.

Enjoy. :)

sublime work!