PLEASE INCLUDE INVESTIGATOR CARDS TOO.

By Curator, in Arkham Horror Investigators

...think about all the "meh" posts on Kingsport...

Maybe this helps players get investigators that the players didn't feel like buying an entire box for...

I already bought everything for this game, but I know a few that didn't get Kingsport, because the price just to get the invstigators, ancient ones, and epic deck felt like a waste too them. However, if you include the errata'd investigator sheets with the miniature, then perhaps those customers would find reason to buy the figures. And people with unerrata'd sheets may also buy the mini just for the fix.

Gamers are weird when it comes to purchases. lol. I learned this from my local store. There are people out there that will buy Twilight Imperium or other 3 player minimum games....just encase they meet a 3rd person to play a game with lol.

I'll take the plastic investigator with out the investigator card, thanks.

I like that the price is as low as possible and adding an investigator card will only jack up the price exponentially since much larger packaging will be required to do so.

Curator said:

...think about all the "meh" posts on Kingsport...

Maybe this helps players get investigators that the players didn't feel like buying an entire box for...

I already bought everything for this game, but I know a few that didn't get Kingsport, because the price just to get the invstigators, ancient ones, and epic deck felt like a waste too them. However, if you include the errata'd investigator sheets with the miniature, then perhaps those customers would find reason to buy the figures. And people with unerrata'd sheets may also buy the mini just for the fix.

Gamers are weird when it comes to purchases. lol. I learned this from my local store. There are people out there that will buy Twilight Imperium or other 3 player minimum games....just encase they meet a 3rd person to play a game with lol.

Offering them in expansion boxes, i.e. 16 or 8 minis per box wouldn't work as well either. People would only buy those if the price point per individual mini was lower, and I doubt that could be achieved.

Offering them as singles really was the best choice they could have made.

I wouldn't mind a little background replica of their artwork pic, but I don't think it's worth the cost or the effort to include the whole Investigator sheet.

I'm long past tired of the Kingsport naysayers. They don't want to buy it, fine...but there's no way in hell I'm going to get behind a just-the-good-parts alternative so they can bypass the price tag.

I did my own research and found that you guys are right. FFG would lose money by including an investigator card. Amazing how much more the cost is jacked thanks to packaging and a piece of paper.

*mumbles to self* sometimes I hate the way marketing works in this world....

Jgt I agree with your remark. The main loss in profits from doing what seemed like a smart idea is actually caused by the people not purchasing Kingsport or any other box set for that matter. It cost way more to produce a box set than a fig and card.