I want them all....

By Aeaea, in Arkham Horror Investigators

$200 is a lot of cash. What's the chance of a quantity discount, or at least a set for AH and each big box expansion? I'm not complaining, it will be great to have them, but it seems odd that they should only be available individually rather than in groups based on expansion -- given that characters are supposed to be selected at random.

I wonder if handpainted monsters will be next? My monster bag tokens are getting rather worn. We could keep those for drawing purposes, but replace them with miniatures after the related token is drawn.

Still, I'm excited about this offer. Thanks FFG!

Yes, a box set of some kind ( per expansion sets would also work) would be great. I would hate missing out on some of the individual figures due to unforseen circumstances, and besides a box set should reduce the price somewhat seeing that the figures shouldnt be packaged separately.

I am glad they are:

1. Produced individually

2. Cheaper than originally quoted as

Not everyone draws random investigators. You are also allowed to pick investigators you would like to play. Its optional.

Plus, its an easier impulse buy since you dont have to buy a big box at a higher price. The Investigators for the base game alone would cost ~$75. Thats not something everyone would be willing to do and more people will be willing to pick them up piece meal.

I realize that they arent available through normal retail channels, but your FLGS can still order them.

Not only that, but pulp era miniatures have a wider audience than merely Arkham Horror boardgamers. Lots of miniature games in sore need of new sculpts for their games and these fit the bill perfectly. Being individually packaged is an intuitive choice.

I think its likely the wisest way they could have marketed these since it caters to a wider consumer base.

Thanks FFG!

Box sets might be nice, but I dont think AH hits the table enough to justify another game's worth of money for figures. At the same time though, I definitely wouldn't mind getting these as a gift, since I'd never buy them myself.

I like that they are packaged individually, it means I can buy them a few at a time, and prioritize the ones that tend to be played.

I am thrilled they are going to be released. $4 a piece seems fair.

Wow!
This is so cool! I'll get them all, and would love to be able to buy a "big box" with all investigators. Specially if there was a discount! :)
In any case, lets hope these sell so we get to see some monsters next time!

Thanks FFG!

So I´m just dreaming, but wouldn´t it be great to get a big box with all investigators in a special hardcover design ... So it would be easy to store and transport the minis... My custom made box for the game and it´s expansions just hasn´t enough space for all components and the minis ...