How can I destroy my opponent's Phil Lv1 card?

By DarthJLC, in Hollow Bastion

Simba/Gravity/Graviga/Darkside.

You cannot use gravity or graviga. No magic cards! Are there any other suggestions?

Parasite Cage. I didnt even think about the Phil Magic Gimp when I mentioned Gravity early.

DarthJLC said:

Simba... Monstro lvl 1 should make this a little easier. You could also try running less magic so phil doesn't gimp you as much.

As everyone else has said already Simba, but you can also use Alice but only if you can limit his friend area XD

Zexion said:

As everyone else has said already Simba, but you can also use Alice but only if you can limit his friend area XD

Alice, while true, is too slow and relinant (spelled wrong I know) on the fact that they don't Tidus you for a 2 to 1 card ratio. it's a no win situation.

Thats true I was just throwing it out there. But what about pinochio (i think i spelled wrong) if they had it in their hand?

Thats true I was just throwing it out there. But what about pinochio (i think i spelled wrong) if they had it in their hand?

Well if we're talking in the hand Aero works, HAW Abu + Pinicchio combo.

...aw I see my number crunching has gotten somewhere... Alice isn't an answer to anything really...she's eh...

Abu+pinocchio? why not just pinocchio? Abu just seems to be a waste of space.

Roxas_Lawliet said:

...aw I see my number crunching has gotten somewhere... Alice isn't an answer to anything really...she's eh...

and so would pinicchio if you call the wrong card.

Roxas said:

Roxas_Lawliet said:

no, you still get to see their hand at the very least. it's not hard to name the right card if you're a smart player and know your opponent.

Roxas_Lawliet said:

Roxas said:

Roxas_Lawliet said:

no, you still get to see their hand at the very least. it's not hard to name the right card if you're a smart player and know your opponent.

I guess but that requires a lot of luck and (I would assume) having played againist their deck or knowing the common cards in that archtype.

Not completely true unless your playing in a meta that is mostly Casual or pseudo competitive. The best thing to look for deck size, player card, and worlds. Most of the time, if you are playing in Casual, you will see deck sizes well above the norm of 40. Also, certain Player Cards can be telling of both what type of deck they are playing, and if they plan to play with a competitive edge. Lastly, if you haven't encountered Phil yet, and your opponent has world cards commonly seen in, say World Rush, then you may not have to worry as much about seeing it soon.

The best solutions, as was previously mentioned, are indeed Simba and Parasite Cage. Simba can be a bit tricky, and Simba3 is most likely the easiest. If your opponent has a tendency to have Phil out with an abundance of friends, then Monstro1 will most likely need to be integrated into the World Line-Up. You may also want to include Tidus0 for back-up also.

I think a better question for us to help you is to ask what type of deck are you running? Do you use that much magic that Phil stops you dead in your tracks?

Roxas_Lawliet pretty much got it right on earlier.

Havoc said:

Not completely true unless your playing in a meta that is mostly Casual or pseudo competitive. The best thing to look for deck size, player card, and worlds. Most of the time, if you are playing in Casual, you will see deck sizes well above the norm of 40. Also, certain Player Cards can be telling of both what type of deck they are playing, and if they plan to play with a competitive edge. Lastly, if you haven't encountered Phil yet, and your opponent has world cards commonly seen in, say World Rush, then you may not have to worry as much about seeing it soon.

The best solutions, as was previously mentioned, are indeed Simba and Parasite Cage. Simba can be a bit tricky, and Simba3 is most likely the easiest. If your opponent has a tendency to have Phil out with an abundance of friends, then Monstro1 will most likely need to be integrated into the World Line-Up. You may also want to include Tidus0 for back-up also.

I think a better question for us to help you is to ask what type of deck are you running? Do you use that much magic that Phil stops you dead in your tracks?

If they aren't running top tier cards, it's pretty easy to recongize it right from the get-go and a smart player will pick up on startegies within the first couple of turns. Phil is easy to get around and it's the best way for it to prevent you from winning. Magic is isn't as good as a friend as it doesn't provide with board presence, is situational and requires a casters, where as cards like phil, Triton and Tigger provide with just as much if not more attack power than a high level spell, so keep that in mind.

Havoc said:

My deck destroys friends by using simba, alice, gravity/ra/ga , and tidus. Plus its a Aggro.

DarthJLC said:

My deck destroys friends by using simba, alice, gravity/ra/ga , and tidus. Plus its a Aggro.

Alice hurts you more than your opponent. Now matter what you will always be a disadvantage with her.
Ex: Alice at the end of first turn on the field sacks The Mayor. Next turn you opponent uses Tidus to kill Alice. You have now lost 2 cards for the price of one Tidus (.79 cents?).
The only other issue I can see what that would be if you were playing 3x of all of the gravity magic. 9 cards is typically about 1/4 of your deck and Phil gimps it. Simba would seem to be the better option as you can run and search out Tidus and kill Owl.

Monstro lvl 1 is a much better way to go. it hurts them and denys them from any more friends.
Behemoth is a good way to go, Parasite Cage still a good way to go. With this new "Lower Level Lock Down" (I'm not even joking, I can't even beleive some one though of this) Darkside kills Phil and anything else like Owl.

Gravira is also pretty trashy as it nabs pretty much nothing you want it to. Cards it can get are Owl, Sebastian and....no, no that's about it, but wait, Tidus gets all of those and doesn't require a caster, provides support value and doesn't require another card to be out on the field in order to use it.

Like Roxas stated, Alice is always in the negative, she has bad credit and doesn't get approved for it's space in the top tier card list. If alice's effect happened at the beggining of the draw phase, then it would be good.

So many Combo's with Cage and Simba lvl 3 it's awesome.

Roxas_Lawliet said:

Gravira is also pretty trashy as it nabs pretty much nothing you want it to. Cards it can get are Owl, Sebastian and....no, no that's about it, but wait, Tidus gets all of those and doesn't require a caster, provides support value and doesn't require another card to be out on the field in order to use it.

Like Roxas stated, Alice is always in the negative, she has bad credit and doesn't get approved for it's space in the top tier card list. If alice's effect happened at the beggining of the draw phase, then it would be good.

So many Combo's with Cage and Simba lvl 3 it's awesome.

He has it.
Gravira = Donald lvl 1 at the very least to nab.....a level 0....hmmmm....I've read this before .....D Isle = Tidus = the exact same thing because you're not killing anything else with it. If you're killing Donald lvl 1 with it...there is no hope for a win. Nab Aerith with it...and you're not much better off....no seriously you're not.

Alice; think your Cloud and Sephiroth for Tigger ----- 2 for the price of 1 ...not always a great thing.

Graity for the sake of the Phil situation..is easily gimp and you're still losing a card after it's gone.

Monstro lvl 1 is more direct and keeps the effect on the field so it stops them from playing more. Only two cards survive this and are worth keeping, Sephiroth and Cloud. Other cards that should be are Owl, Phil, and whatever you can use. Mostly Cloud and Sephiroth are mainly the cards that people choose to keep.

Simba lvl 3 nabs two and if you want to push it lvl 4 nabs all but one.

Behemoth - nabs everything other than Cloud

Parasite Cage - Takes anything.

Tidus - now look ...look OWL. Friend Denail with Simba means you take out the OWL. (and that does not stand for Ordinary Wizard Level)

Graviga - while gimped by Phil and with no support takes out everything other than Tigger (with effect active), Leon, Cloud, and Sephiroth.

Darkside - BYE BYE ALL YOU LEVEL ONES, LEVEL ZEROS ARE GOING TOO SO YOU WON'T BE LONELY.(think Miss American Pie and sing that)

I think that's every card........I'm 99% sure so I leave you with this.

Everyone I have played with so far, has misplayed Tidus, Simba lvl 3 and Parasite Cage to some extent...Picking a Target for cage has become much different now.

I usually use two of my three cages on

WR - Cloud, Pan.
Aggro- Sephiroth, Jack.

Other than that I look for the friend that is causing the most trouble for me. Caging a Tidus...so stupid as that sounds compared to Cagining Cloud..I must admit comes in handy.

Roxas said:

I usually use two of my three cages on

WR - Cloud, Pan.
Aggro- Sephiroth, Jack.

Other than that I look for the friend that is causing the most trouble for me. Caging a Tidus...so stupid as that sounds compared to Cagining Cloud..I must admit comes in handy.

It depends on the circumstances, if they cloud out, and you aren't running removal then yes cage it, but if you are, then chances are you will have a better way to get rid of it. Example, you have Monstro lvl 1 and they are on Deep Jungle lvl 2, You have Phil, Tiggs and Sephy with Simba lvl 3 Cage and Owl in your hand, They have Tidus, Cloud and Jack lvl 2 with no cards in their hand. The smart play would be to Cage Tidus then Play Simba lvl 3 choosing Simba and Tiggs, and then play Owl... Cloud is off the board for good vs. taking cloud and forcing them to discard the other two and then they draw into stuff to kill it and get cloud back. Not really a good way to deal with it. getting them on the reshuffle is better, plain and simple. get it out of play. Caging pan can be the better option at times depending on their discard pile and such but it is nice if you have heartless like sneak to play on their world. Caging Multiples is good when trying to hinder draw power and such.

Caging Sephiroth is usually bad from my experience...usually... when it is caged against a WR, Ultima Weapon is their free bambi lvl 3/4 and against other aggro's, it's either the same story or they just kill it and play two more friends. rarely do I see it being caged for more than a turn. Caging jack is similiar to caging pan, it's good target.

I personally hate caging fatties and would much rather see them hit the discard pile than be very temporarly moved off the board so it can come back into play.

Never cage a Herc lvl 3 (LaD) or any friend with CioP ability...ever.

Cage is where it does start to become a little trickier. You have to look at common builds for different archetypes as well as what has already hit the discard. Rarely is it a good choice to Cage a fatty such as Sephy or Cloud, as the opponent has a good chance to get them back soon. IMO Good targets depend on what you believe the opponent may be able to draw into. If they have a high magic friend, then that could be your best bet. Lvl2 friends are also a good target against a lot of builds out there who lack an abundance of 2's. If worse comes to worse and you must Cage their Lvl4, then feel free. There are just better ways of removal for these higher Lvl Friends. The situation also plays an important role in what you cage. If you are on your winning challenge, then Cloud or Sephy are the best options.

Since Cage is so temporary, I use it to pick up the pieces after I ravage their board.

My most common picks are Don1, Jack(Any), Triton, and the occational Phil when needed. Also... against a certain player I grab his Al... just cause...