Rulebook Available

By Xiayose, in Death Angel

Yeah, it's looking good. I hope they'll have copies available at GenCon so I can pick one up!

Can't believe I'm confused this early...

Page 21: when spawning Genestealers, in most cases (I'm assuming), an Event card will have two colored spawn boxes. But it says to take the top card from "a blip pile and place it face up in the appropriate position and side of the formation". Which blip pile am I drawing from? At the point, it made sense to draw from the left blip pile for the colored box and terrain on the left side, and from the right blip pile for the colored box and terrain on the right side.

But then I get to the **** example on Page 23. Why are genestealers spawning from the LEFT Yellow Box to the Yellow Terrain card on the RIGHT side of the Space Marines' position? They even say that the right side won't spawn any genestealers, because there's no red terrain card on the right side.

So I don't get it. How do I know from the Event card (A) what blip pile to draw from, and (B) which side of the position do I spawn Genestealers? © Does it matter what side of the position terrain cards are located?

Never mind! I got it! It's not the Event card, it's the presence of a matching Terrain card! If the Terrain card is on the left, you draw from the left blip pile. Same for the right. The example was only using ONE SIDE of the playing area, and that threw me.

Stick to the simpler AH jgt demonio.gif !

One thing that struck me as odd is that Marines start in random order (and facing). They forgot to communicate things or attend the planning meeting or something?

Obviously they drew straws to determine marching order, as for why they are facing like that, it's because.... just because!

Dam said:

Stick to the simpler AH jgt demonio.gif !

One thing that struck me as odd is that Marines start in random order (and facing). They forgot to communicate things or attend the planning meeting or something?

My guess is that the action starts "in the middle". As in, like the story example, the Marines start a ways into the hulk having already been exploring, etc. when the GS appear. As such, the players didn't have control over the characters, and part of the challenge is reorganizing for maximum effectiveness in the face of the enemy.

Good thing, it shows as "On the Boat". So, sounds like there might be copies at GenCon!

And players would probably pretty quickly learn the optimal setup combos, random forces them to react to stuff, instead of just starting with the best option.

I think the fact that the order of the marines is random is really good, it will mean that players are reacting to the game instead of planning everything out before anything hits the table.