Jacksonville, FL Event

By Amani2, in Journey to Black Fire Pass

Hi all, our event was moderately successful in that many saw the game in action, but unfortunately only a few would take the plunge and play. Of those that did all found it surprisingly fun and are looking forward to playing in my campaign I'll be starting soon. So in that respect the event was a huge success. I now have a gaming group again. Those that would not try the game give reasons like...,"oh I don't like dice, that's why I play card games, but that game does look interesting." RPGer's seemed in short supply both days. Similar excuses were given from miniatures gamers however gamers of both those genres would stop by and watch briefly or sneak glances from across the game room. By the end three or four said they would like me to run another event, which I said I would do either this weekend or next. I think crossing those boundaries with Warhammer will be more successful since it has elements of both card and miniature gaming. A number of other gamers (actual RPGer's) that said they would come and play were unable to attend, so I'll also be running for them another time as well. One of the gamers I met that will be playing in my campaign is in the military and said he wants to try and convert all the D&D players he knows to Warhammer. Overall it was a good experience and I'm looking to keep up the effort now that I've got a pool of interested people. I'm going to hold my campaign at the store instead of my house so I can keep trying to draw people in. Thanks FFG for letting me take part in this event, and I'm going to keep pushing this game forward.

Just wanted to post an up date. Since my last post I've hosted another demo and a few more people showed up for this one. Two will be joining my group, (so I now have five regular players, and two on standby), the others who showed only watched, but one of those mentioned to me several times that he was particularly interested in the dice mechanic and has since emailed me for more information. I'll be hosting another event sometime soon and I'll update accordingly, but for now I'm off to work on my campaign. Happy gaming to all!