An adventure too far?

By Throxx, in Age of Conan

So if you pull an adventure that Conan can’t possibly get to in 4 turns does that mean that the person that controls Conan will not get the extra token?

An example would be pulling an adventure on the first turn for an area below Stygia. Being that Conan starts in Cimmeria he couldn’t reach it before the adventure track is empty.

-Thanks

Well that is always risky but remember that the Conan player gets the extra chip as a reward. He gets to get some of the revealed chips for just leading Conan - others need to get the Conan + Court dice (which costs them a turn).

To be honest it is always possible to complete a very far adventure - you can move Conan twice in your round (as Conan player) via the normal Conan movement and the Conan + Court dice. And if noone else gets that dice then all the adventure chips are your's and you still have a chance to get him at the destination on time.

Remember that sometimes he gets to move like 1 or 2 provinces to his next destination - he just walks and will not interfere in any combat.

Ah, so the Conan player gets to move him once for free at the beginning of his turn and may move him again if he chooses the Court + Conan dice, correct?

The first movement he gets for free allows the Conan player to collect the leftmost adventure token if Conan is moved closer to the destination. However, when he uses the Court + Conan dice to move him again does the player also get another token if move closer or is it a 1 max per turn?
Correct me if I am wrong but the Conan player can only lay Raider tokens if he uses the Court + Conan dice and not during his first free Conan move.

An example turn would be: The Conan player moves Conan one step closer to the destination marker and collects the leftmost token. He then uses the Court + Conan dice and moves him to another adjacent province that is not closer to the marker as he wants to hinder his opponents conquest attempt in that area.

Throxx said:

Ah, so the Conan player gets to move him once for free at the beginning of his turn and may move him again if he chooses the Court + Conan dice, correct?

Correct.

Throxx said:

The first movement he gets for free allows the Conan player to collect the leftmost adventure token if Conan is moved closer to the destination. However, when he uses the Court + Conan dice to move him again does the player also get another token if move closer or is it a 1 max per turn?

No token is received for this movement.

Throxx said:

Correct me if I am wrong but the Conan player can only lay Raider tokens if he uses the Court + Conan dice and not during his first free Conan move.

Correct.